website statistics

Ice Hockey 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

hckošice

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Let’s be honest, we can all be happy that Canada won. I mean look at the joy it brought you maple people. Canada Hockey Place (I don’t know the current name) is one of the few venues I didn’t have the opportunity to visit when in Vancouver. The Richmond Oval is amazing though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 hours ago, intoronto said:

Overtime golden goal in the Olympic final at home in pretty much the sport the country is known for, things in any Olympics are rarely going to get more awesome than that moment was :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Overtime golden goal in the Olympic final at home in pretty much the sport the country is known for, things in any Olympics are rarely going to get more awesome than that moment was :d 

And clinched a 14th gold, and at the time most ever at one games

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

And clinched a 14th gold, and at the time most ever at one games

Sure, that too, but I don't think that would have mattered much for the greatness of the moment. It could have been the 1st, 5th or 25th gold, the pure explosion would have been as loud I guess :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

yay 2010...that Luongo save against Demitra RIP in the last seconds that saved Canada from the total agony...:d

when my heart got broken really bad...:cry:

I was already shouting a South American-alike "gooooooaaaaaaaallllll", but "Robertino" (as many Italian fans call him) just had another idea...

by the way, Vancouver 2010 tournament was really a great hockey fest, with so many exciting games to be remembered for the ages (and one big, devastating disappointment...the Russian epic fail against Canada in the quarterfinals)...

ah, those Olympic Games...so many wonderful memories! :wub:

23 hours ago, hckosice said:

IIHF released today on its website the All-Time Slovak all stars team :dhttps://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/wm/news/18937/all-time-slovakia-team

m18zwk_YTSSHj2jD5vzL-w~Najlep-ia-estka-S

and today (btw today was originally scheduled the opening day of the IIHF 2020 World Champs) IIHF released the top 10 play actions of the last decade at the WCh for team SVK !

Enjoy ! :d