website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

53 minutes ago, hckosice said:

:RUS Cross-Country Skiing, Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined athletes at the Nordic Skiing WCh will compete under FIS flag (no Russian flags, signs or symbols in the area and FIS anthem played in case of gold), officially confirmed today by Elena Vyalbe former cross country super star and current Russian Nordic Skiing Federation president

Oh dear. Russian CC ski team are never the happiest at any time, this is not going to make them any sunnier.  :hyper:

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Oh dear. Russian CC ski team are never the happiest at any time, this is not going to make them any sunnier.  :hyper:

In PyeongChang they were already not allowed to compete under their flag but still one of my most sympathetic memories from the games was the super happy face of Yulia Belorukova during the sprint and relays podiums :d

bronze-medallist-russias-yulia-belorukovmedals-ceremony-cross-country-skiing-pyebronze-medalist-yulia-belorukova-of-olym

• 2 weeks later...

The organization has now confirmed there will be no spectactors allowed at the world championships :(

At least it ends a month-long time of doubt about whether or not I'd be able to go there and whether or not it would be responsible/smart to go there even if I could (think travel, insurance and so on).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Brazil's world championships clothes. They are....clothes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKhfpbZguvA/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

In need of some help here, related to the qualifying path for the 2022 Olympics. First off, here is the qualifying document:

https://nocnsf.nl/media/3503/beijing-2022-qualification-system-cross-country-skiing.pdf

Now, the question is how/if a country could get two female quota places, I find it a little hard to read and combine all options in the given document. Would the following scenario be possible? 

- The country earns the maximum of one female quota at the World Championships, thanks to at least one of the three women (or more, of course) going under 300 FIS points in at least one of the races there.

- The same country then earns a second female quota by finishing in the top-30 of the Nation Rankings (also, where can said Nation Rankings be found? It's different than the Nation Cup?)

I am mostly confused by the second point: do the nations between 21st and 30th place get one more quota besides the basic quota from D.1, or is that still a maximum of one quota and is it impossible for nations ranked 21st or lower to have two female quotas?

On 26/01/2021 at 22:21, heywoodu said:

Brazil's world championships clothes. They are....clothes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKhfpbZguvA/

Bit worried that Commentators will mix them up with the Italian & US suits during the tight sprint finishes.

18 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

Just finished my last training before going into the competition season. On Monday I will be traveling to Austria :)

This week we decided that I will have the first World Cup races of my career this season and that I will compete in all races at the World Championships, except for the relay :cheer:

This will be my schedule for the season:

Austria Cup, Saalfelden
13 February: 10km freestyle 
14 February: Sprint freestyle

World Cup, Nove Mesto
20 February: Sprint classic
21 February: 10km freestyle

World championships, Oberstdorf
24 February: 5km freestyle qualification race
25 February: Sprint classic
27 February: Skiathlon
28 February: Team sprint freestyle
2 March: 10km freestyle individual (if qualified)
6 March: 30km classic mass start

Good luck, we will all definitely be supporting you.