website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

100 days until the world championships.

“Nobody can say today how the situation will develop until the end of February. We are still optimistic, but realistic enough to take additional measures, plan the World Championships with a limited number of spectators and with a very valid hygiene concept”, Stern said in his address to the group. 

I so badly hope that will come true :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Swedish season start in Bruksvallarna.

Men´s winner 15km C unknown Max Novak.

At women´s side 10 km C, Ebba and Frida might give Johaug difficulties this season (based on differences to other national team skiiers) more than previous year.

Charlotte Kalla DNS due to Covid last week

1. Ebba Andersson

2. Frida Karlsson +3.2

3. Linn Svahn +1:25.9

4. Jonna Sundling +1:48.6

5. Sofia Henriksson +2:04.3

6. Johanna Hagström +2:25.5

7. Evelina Settlin +3:01.8

Can the Bruksvallarna races be seen anywhere? If so, I'll avoid the results until I've seen it. If not, I'll just look at the results :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Again without geoblock, oh my :hyper: 

Thanks!

Meanwhile in Brazil, the national rollerski circuit is coming to a close these days, with today the first of five races in six days - a 5 and 10 kilometer freestyle mass start.

The women's win went to - who else - @brunamoura, who fought off Mika Picin basically the entire race. Mika accelerated, Bruna accelerated and on it went until the final climb was done and it was a dowhill followed by a flat with strong wind in the back, where Mika couldn't close the gap anymore. Third place for Duda Ribera.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0SnBwHUR9/

The men's win went to Victor Santos, who will most likely be Brazil's male representative in the 2022 Olympics. In a final sprint, he beat Yuri Rocha and Chilean Yona Fernandez, also known as @Jesús. Interesting fifth place for one Wilbert Rodrigues, doesn't happen often that I've never heard of a top-5 finisher in these races.

Day two, classic sprints this time.

A very convincing victory for @brunamoura, who destroyed everyone (and her own PB) in the qualifying and then finished miles ahead of Duda Ribera and Tatah da Silva in the final.

The men's win went to Lucão Lima, after all these years he finally got his first sprint win! He narrowly beat out Yuri Rocha and Victor Santos, who kept the Chileans @Jesús and Martin Flores (a new name for me, he was fastest in qualifying!) out of the podium.

Next up: the 5 and 10 kilometers classic with individual start tomorrow.

Day three, classic interval start and the women's overall title has been decided with two races to go (Tuesday and Wednesday): @brunamoura convicingly won the race and with that the overall Brazilian Rollerski Circuit title for the 6th consecutive year :woohoo: 

Bruna won the race with a big new PB, half a minute faster than last year when she was in more or less top shape, which she isn't yet now (focus is on the world championships). Second place for Mika Picin, third for Duda Ribera, a day after her 16th birthday.
https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=CC&raceid=36648

@Jesús won the men's race with a twenty second margin over Yuri Rocha, whereas Victor Santos was a minute behind the Chilean.
https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=CC&raceid=36647

Rest day tomorrow, then it's the final races of the rollerski circuit.

On 21/11/2020 at 15:08, heywoodu said:

Day two, classic sprints this time.

A very convincing victory for @brunamoura, who destroyed everyone (and her own PB) in the qualifying and then finished miles ahead of Duda Ribera and Tatah da Silva in the final.

The men's win went to Lucão Lima, after all these years he finally got his first sprint win! He narrowly beat out Yuri Rocha and Victor Santos, who kept the Chileans @Jesús and Martin Flores (a new name for me, he was fastest in qualifying!) out of the podium.

Next up: the 5 and 10 kilometers classic with individual start tomorrow.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you might be a little obsessed with Bruna. ;)