website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh no, the one race I thought could not be made more boring in the women's category.... :lol: (that includes Johaug's victories, yes)

OTOH, no problems keeping a 2m distance from the other competitors.  :roflmao:

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Meanwhile, the South American season has apparently been cancelled. Some confusing about exactly what the situation is: Brazilians decided they're not going even if it's possible, which at the moment it's not? Argentinians and Chileans decided to cancel their races? It's South American winter sports, nobody knows what the plan is until after the finish, but probably the races won't happen.

Given the situation in Latin America, that's really the last place where international sport will restart.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Given the situation in Latin America, that's really the last place where international sport will restart.

You'd think that'd be obvious, but the Brazilian federation has only yesterday sent out a message that FIS rollerski races in July are cancelled, until then they were still acting under the impression there would be no problem in holding them.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Hmm, got me to wondering....

....and in fact I find out that the Visma Ski Classics app is on a free trial till June 30th, which means that we can catch up with last season’s races, none of which I have seen!  OK, I grant you sometimes the racing is more like some avant garde art movie with a small group of figures slowly making their way over an all-white landscape for five hours, but at least it is something to watch!

https://play.vismaskiclassics.com/visma-ski-classics/signup?returnUrl=%2Fvisma-ski-classics%2Fhome

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Him using cocaine was a smaller shock to me than "he ended his career in 2018", I thought he'd been gone for at least 5 years :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!