website statistics

Bobsleigh 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

intoronto

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Loving the orange Slovakian sled of Cernanska/Horvathova :d @hckosice

(unless the cameras somewhat change the colour and it's actually red, but I'm going with cheering for the orange :d )

Yep, they skipped the engines.

139833102_2843709732551955_5493643043404

The original one is now used by boys and the orange by the girls

138420440_2840090009580594_7515870324056

140399411_2843709825885279_9052486266603139775679_2843709769218618_7895354184358

Awesome photos, it's even more orange than it looks on the stream :hyper: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 5 weeks later...

Like the initiative, it might be a little late for Beijing though. I do hope the BSFN sticks around and continues to build a program.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Why do nations and people come up with these things so incredibly last-minute? I mean, replace '2022 Beijing' with '2026 Cortina' and it'd have been a perfectly valid idea other than trying to use a free continental quota (is that still a thing?).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why do nations and people come up with these things so incredibly last-minute? I mean, replace '2022 Beijing' with '2026 Cortina' and it'd have been a perfectly valid idea other than trying to use a free continental quota (is that still a thing?).

It's not. No more freebies for Nigeria. Gone with the Project Bogota.

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's not. No more freebies for Nigeria. Gone with the Project Bogota.

Who'd have though some roller skiing in Colombia would have such an effect? :d 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Who'd have though some roller skiing in Colombia would have such an effect? :d 

Because it was designed to fix points. Holding mass starts instead of interval starts was unusual, but so much more efficient for the one and only purpose of that event. :whistle:

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Because it was designed to fix points. Holding mass starts instead of interval starts was unusual, but so much more efficient for the one and only purpose of that event. :whistle:

No wait, I understand the whole thing was a set-up to qualify athletes through that event. What I meant was, who'd have though some roller skiing in Colombia would have so much of an effect that even in bobsleigh rules are different now :p