website statistics

Bobsleigh 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

intoronto

• 2 months later...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 godzin temu, Gianlu33 napisał:

Filippo Tortu, on a today interview to the italian main sport newspaper "Gazzetta dello Sport", open the doors to a possible partecipation at Cortina 2026 in the bob event

As a driver or just... em... regular bobsledder?

10 godzin temu, Gianlu33 napisał:

In Italy some athletes (big names too, like Gibilisco) switch to bob at the end of their career. Of course, not as driver but as brakeman

Everything is possible. Many bobsledder started as crewman (I forgot this word when I was writing last message :d ) but later changed to driver. And because we are talking about 2026 I was curious if Tortu said something more about his plans. Maybe he want to start as crewman for 1-2 years and later change to driver?

10 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Everything is possible. Many bobsledder started as crewman (I forgot this word when I was writing last message :d ) but later changed to driver. And because we are talking about 2026 I was curious if Tortu said something more about his plans. Maybe he want to start as crewman for 1-2 years and later change to driver?

He would have to give up on his whole athletics career pretty quickly if he is to become a driver.

Would be a weird decision for someone who placed 5th at Europeans and 7th at Worlds before age 22...

#banbestmen

3 minuty temu, dcro napisał:

Would be a weird decision for someone who placed 5th at Europeans and 7th at Worlds before age 22...

Maybe it would but who says that every man acts logically? ;) But serious. Everything depends on what is his goal with this changing of discipline. Is it only fun for him? A great adventure which he can start because of home olympics? Or he wants to fight for an olympic medal on which he doesn't have big chance in athletics?

50 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

I think that it will be only a small adventure for the home Olympics... His focus his athletics, for now