website statistics

Weightlifting at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Records in nationals or other internal competitions mean nothing for the real competition , most athletes lift around 10kg less, 

I would not take her as seriously............. but she has been a world championship medallist in the 2013 world championship in the 53kg ....................................plus she has lifted 210 in 53 category in 2015 world championships  where she finished 4th .............. I would put her as my gold medal favorite  without the chinese lifter ( also because Thailand dropped Khamsri to take her on ) ................ she had a weight of 50 kgs or so when she competed so she did not have to drop more than a couple of Kgs to move to 48 ..........................

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

On 8/2/2016 at 14:44, nitinsanker said:

at 48 or 53 ................... If she is doing 200 in the 48 . she is almost sure for gold ...I do not see any one else doing better 

the weight shown was 51.92 which is impossible, I quite sure that it's fake, the way she lift is clear that she lose her weight, not gain 

to add on, she join the competition as extra athelete, not compete for the medals, that's why the weight can be manipulated

On 8/2/2016 at 16:58, nitinsanker said:

I would not take her as seriously............. but she has been a world championship medallist in the 2013 world championship in the 53kg ....................................plus she has lifted 210 in 53 category in 2015 world championships  where she finished 4th .............. I would put her as my gold medal favorite  without the chinese lifter ( also because Thailand dropped Khamsri to take her on ) ................ she had a weight of 50 kgs or so when she competed so she did not have to drop more than a couple of Kgs to move to 48 ..........................

agree, even if we do not consider 200kg as serious, Sopita still be the biggest favorite

I think TAWA plan for year about Sopita weight class,

her weight is always 52+ until World Champ. 2015, it's down to 50.34, 2 kg drop but she book her new personal best at 210 kg

btw, this is just a prediction from the information I have, we'll find out in only 3 days, wait and see

In the prediction contest there are two colombian athletes in mens -62k category, but on the start list i can only see one athlete from Colombia, is it even allowed for one nation to enter two athletes in the same category?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

15 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

In the prediction contest there are two colombian athletes in mens -62k category, but on the start list i can only see one athlete from Colombia, is it even allowed for one nation to enter two athletes in the same category?

Yes. A nation can enter two athletes in one category. In fact, in London, there were couple of cases of gold-silver going to the same nation (China in 77kg Men and Iran in +105kg Men)

Edited by Dolby

vor 1 Minute schrieb Dolby:

Yes. A nation can enter two athletes in one category. In fact, in London, there were couple of cases of gold-silver going to the same nation (China in 77kg Men and Iran in +105kg Men)

When will we have the final entry list and which russian athletes are officially out of Rio?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb MHSN:

Today and the whole Russian team in weightlifting is officially out

What about Pulsabsakul in womens +75kg and Mosquera in mens -62kg, they both arent on the entry list?

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

Weightlifting Start list

http://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2016/08/StarListPackage_GT.pdf

I'm a bit surprised by some very high entries.

Agree , but my guess would be that everyone wanna avoid risk of beiing in group B so they put very high Totals.