website statistics

Weightlifting at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

43 minutes ago, irmants said:

Judging from both Srisurat's and Pimsiri's latest results from big competitions I don't see them winning against Kuo , Maybe Srisurat could beat her in Snatch, but Kuo is really strong in Clean and Jerk and should be winner overal. Maybe you can tell more about these girls recent form more?

May 7 8

Sukanya 110+130

Pimsiri 102+137

Edited by Tona22

10 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

When individual qualifications and rest of wild card will be published?

I think all quotas have been confirmed with national federations (except maybe Russia) but they are too lazy or something to publish them for everybody.

Anyway, using various sources we managed to find who got 6 out of 10 available wild cards. The last 4 probably went to countries like Equatorial Guinea, from where it is nearly impossible to find out any news.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I think all quotas have been confirmed with national federations (except maybe Russia) but they are too lazy or something to publish them for everybody.

Anyway, using various sources we managed to find who got 6 out of 10 available wild cards. The last 4 probably went to countries like Equatorial Guinea, from where it is nearly impossible to find out any news.

i see on wikipedia Cyprus should get individual quota but their NOC did not confirm anything and they publish as soon as someone qualify :mumble:

1 minute ago, DaniSRB said:

i see on wikipedia Cyprus should get individual quota but their NOC did not confirm anything and they publish as soon as someone qualify :mumble:

I think that's a mistake on wikipedia, as that weightlifter is listed as Greek on IWF rankings. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when IWF finally decides to publish something.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

I think that's a mistake on wikipedia, as that weightlifter is listed as Greek on IWF rankings. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when IWF finally decides to publish something.

I actually did a little research, he achieved the mark  while competing for Greece, but in the last European Championships he switch his allegiance to Cyprus, so as the individual ranking quotas are nominal, he shall be part of Cypriot team.

Iran Squad in Rio

85: Kianoush Rostami

94: Sohrab Moradi and Ali Hashemi

105: Mohammad Reza Barari

+105: Behdad Salimi

A very big surprise today to drop Molaei and Keep Hashemi instead ! +105kg is the weakest weight and Molaei could easily challenge for bronze.

:RUS Russia Team for Rio

Men

69kg: Oleg Chen

85kg: Artem Okulov

94kg: Adam Maligov

105kg: David Bedzhanyan

+105kg: Ruslan Albegov

Women

63kg: Tima Turieva

69kg: Anastasia Romanova

+75kg: Tatiana Kashirina

Edited by George_D

Wait, why is Bahador Moulaei on the entry list even though according to @MHSN and his countrymen he wasn't selected for the Iranian team? (see the Iran Thread) :mumble:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!