website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

crovitlaci

some skiers are starting to show their disappointment for the Italian Ski federation's decision to postpone the 2021 Worlds...

Federica Brignone is the first among the top class skiers to get loud against this chance, especially if they really want to hold that event just a few weeks after the Olympics...

I expect many more to come in the next few days...

p.s. the final decision about the 2021 Worlds being delayed to March 2022 is expected to be taken next July, 1st at the next FIS Meet...

12 hours ago, phelps said:

some skiers are starting to show their disappointment for the Italian Ski federation's decision to postpone the 2021 Worlds...

Federica Brignone is the first among the top class skiers to get loud against this chance, especially if they really want to hold that event just a few weeks after the Olympics...

I expect many more to come in the next few days...

p.s. the final decision about the 2021 Worlds being delayed to March 2022 is expected to be taken next July, 1st at the next FIS Meet...

To be fair, I don't think anyone wants to be in a situation where it has to be postponed, but choices like that aren't really a luxury they often have these days..skiers can be angry and disappointment all they want (and rightly so), the national sports federations aren't the ones said disappointments should be aimed at in this case.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I still don't understand, why the championships should already be postponed in July. Shouldn't one at least wait until September or October to see how the situation develops.

It's quite obvious that certain authorities have infos that we don't know...

p.s. tbh, I can understand them thinking there's no chance to have a full audience event in the next 9/12 months here in Italy...and I also understand why the organizers are opting for this strategy (they already lost a big amount of money with the world cup finals cancellation earlier this year and they want to be absolutely sure they're not going to lose money again in 2021)...

Yeah, I think everyone has now given in to the fact that as long as there is no vaccine, we will live in uncertainty.

While there is a chance that the virus will be at bay come February, I'm afraid it will more likely be the opposite. COVID can survive summer heat, but I'm guessing it will spread more efficiently once people start spending more time indoors during Fall and Winter...

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

:NZL  Alice Robinson established cooperation with Petra Vlhová´s mini team. :d

They agreed to train and work together in one team. At the moment, they are already together at their first joint training camp in Vipiten, then they have a reserved and isolated cabin on hintertux where they will be preparing for the snow season for almost two months. 

Boxing and Kayak to start the physical preparation, good idea :cool: videos in this link

https://raceskimagazine.it/allo-stelvio-anche-petra-vlhova/

Just now, hckosice said:

:NZL  Alice Robinson established cooperation with Petra Vlhová´s mini team. :d

They agreed to train and work together in one team. At the moment, they are already together at their first joint training camp in Vipiten, then they have a reserved and isolated cabin on hintertux where they will be preparing for the snow season for almost two months. 

Boxing and Kayak to start the physical preparation, good idea :cool: videos in this link

https://raceskimagazine.it/allo-stelvio-anche-petra-vlhova/

I wonder how long it takes before Livio Magoni starts bitching about this? Robinson taking GS points away from Vlhova is bad for the overall ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Cortina is likely to retire their proposal to postpone the Alpine Skiing Worlds scheduled for February 2021...

rumors say that they will comeback to the original schedule with spectators limitations on site in exchage for a strong economical guarantee by FIS to not have any situation like in the last March with the World Cup Finals (which were cancelled without any compensation of any kind for the Italian resort)...

the main problem now could be the TV rights holder not being capable of finding the space in their schedules...

in any case, the final decision will be announced by FIS next Thursday, July 2nd...