website statistics

Biathlon 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Olympic Champion Arnd Peiffer has retired. He already won't start in the Ostersund World Cup anymore.

He sort of gave this away a week or so ago.  That he would retire when he wanted to, not dictated by anyone else.

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Olympic Champion Arnd Peiffer has retired. He already won't start in the Ostersund World Cup anymore.

He sort of gave this away a week or so ago.  That he would retire when he wanted to, not dictated by anyone else.

Alpencup #5 was this weekend.  6 Nations were present - (Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Croatia and Mexico)  I love that Mexico was there.

Results from the Sprint are here.  All I can say is that Mexico has only one way they can go.  

Results from the Super Individual are here.

Norway cancelled their National Championship this week, but I know the Ukraine and United States are having theirs.  

Ukraine at Bukovel:

23.03 - official training
24.03 - supersprint
25.03 - sprint
26.03 - official training
27.03 - mass start
28.03 - mixed relay

United States at West Yellowstone:

Sprint -- Pursuit -- Super Sprint

Justyna Kowalczyk is the new Sporting Director in Polish Biathlon Association. Word is Alexander Veretelny could be returning to biathlon as well (he was HC of Polish NT 1987-1998).

With Skinder and Marcisz having a lot of promise in cross country it's curious to see Kowalczyk leave them but it's classic PZN war at the top. Presumably CC HC Martin Bajcicak wants to have a bigger say since Skinder & Marcisz were based in the Kowalczyk/Veretelny private team the last two years.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Justyna Kowalczyk is the new Sporting Director in Polish Biathlon Association. Word is Alexander Veretelny could be returning to biathlon as well (he was HC of Polish NT 1987-1998).

With Skinder and Marcisz having a lot of promise in cross country it's curious to see Kowalczyk leave them but it's classic PZN war at the top. Presumably CC HC Martin Bajcicak wants to have a bigger say since Skinder & Marcisz were based in the Kowalczyk/Veretelny private team the last two years.

Recently also Agnieszka Cyl joined to our biathlon coach team.

7 minutes ago, rybak said:

Recently also Agnieszka Cyl joined to our biathlon coach team.

I don't understand that. Wasn't Cyl enraged over Kolodziejczyk's decision to not field her at the 2014 OG? She was promised to start in the individual before eventually getting shelved IIRC? She basically retired prematurely due to Kolodziejczyk's coaching methods and now she joins his staff? What gives here?