website statistics

Biathlon 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

On 24/12/2020 at 03:51, RobtheAggie said:

For those who still need a biathlon fix:

Slovenian National Biathlon Championship (Series of domestic races)

12 December -  Super Individual results

26 Dec - Sprint

27 Dec - Pursuit

3 Jan - Mass Start

Balkan Biathlon Cup/Serbian Open Biathlon Championship - These are in Sjenica, a city south of the country near the border with B&H, Montenegro and Kosovo.

This will run from 24 Dec - 27 Dec

Russian Biathlon Championship in Tchaikovsky 22-28 December

Women's 15 km  Dec 24, 09:30  Link is here

Junior 12.5 km race  Dec 24, 12:30

Relay 3x6 km Juniors  Dec 26, 09:30

Women's 7.5K Sprint  Dec 26, 12:00

Sprint 7.5 km Junior Dec 27, 09:30

Women's 7.5K Sprint  Dec 27, 12:00

All these Russian Championship races from Izhevsk are now on the Russian Biathlon Channel on YouTube, so plenty to keep us going until the real thing comes back.

https://www.youtube.com/user/russianbiathlon

On 09/12/2020 at 18:34, heywoodu said:

That would be incredibly unsurprising from the Soviets :facepalm:

By the way, Virolainen...wow, now that's a name who was doing quite well in the World Cup for a bit not even that long ago and has completely and totally disappeared into oblivion, hadn't heard that name for ages :yikes: 

Just catching up with the Russian Champs from last week - she is there, representing Khanty-Mansiysk.  Will let you know how she gets on in the 15k Individual.

5th after the first shoot - 0 @ 20 secs. :fingers:

Hmm, on-screen graphics following no known logic here.  Darya is 0 1 though.  Does not help that the commentator seems to think her duty is to imitate a platform announcer at a railway

station.

Oh dear, dear, not going well - 11th at over two minutes down after 3 shoots - 0 1 1 :(

Not getting any better - ski speed is there but 0 1 1 2 for 16th & 3:59 back after 4 shoots tells its own story.  :facepalm:

So at the final - 15th overall.  :(.   Will respect spoilers for the winner obvs.

Will bring you up-to-date with the sprints when I watch them, probably about late March.  Just imagine I am live-commentating from somewhere in interstellar space.

6 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I know this is just an exhibition, but it was actually a seriously impressive shooting display.

Yeah, the Russians are always capable of great shooting. I remember years back the women’s relay team shot what was then & probably is still a WR record 41/40 in a relay & then a couple of weeks later, at the next relay,  the men did the same.   But then ....:nopompom:

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

I know this is just an exhibition, but it was actually a seriously impressive shooting display.

It was very impressive.  I think that with less recovery time between shooting stages as well.  If Rupholding ever hosts a Super Sprint, we now know what the course will be.  Just wondering, did Sweden even finish the pursuit?  They were so far back.

4 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Just catching up with the Russian Champs from last week - she is there, representing Khanty-Mansiysk.  Will let you know how she gets on in the 15k Individual.

5th after the first shoot - 0 @ 20 secs. :fingers:

Hmm, on-screen graphics following no known logic here.  Darya is 0 1 though.  Does not help that the commentator seems to think her duty is to imitate a platform announcer at a railway

station.

Oh dear, dear, not going well - 11th at over two minutes down after 3 shoots - 0 1 1 :(

Not getting any better - ski speed is there but 0 1 1 2 for 16th & 3:59 back after 4 shoots tells its own story.  :facepalm:

So at the final - 15th overall.  :(.   Will respect spoilers for the winner obvs.

Will bring you up-to-date with the sprints when I watch them, probably about late March.  Just imagine I am live-commentating from somewhere in interstellar space.

My issue is I can not read Cyrillic, so I had no idea who I was watching.  The course looks to be an interesting one though.