website statistics

Biathlon 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

3 hours ago, Werloc said:

I don't know, it's not very nice of Zhuravokova to execrate her baby :(

execrate

verb

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

ex·e·crate | \ ˈek-sə-ˌkrāt  \
execrated; execrating

Definition of execrate

transitive verb

1: to declare to be evil or detestable : DENOUNCE
2: to detest utterly

I am sure the T9 has been invnted by a fan of dr Sigmund Freud as a psycho-social experiment, but it got out of control and became a worldwide disaster.

14 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

First World Cup.  There’s usually some pre-season races from Norway to be found round the Internet. Same for cross country.

Two weeks from today!

https://sesongstartskiskyting.no/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Stina Nilsson will not be on the initial WC team.

It'd be a little unfair to many others if she would be...let her qualify for a spot in the IBU Cup team and there show what she can do in an international field.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

It'd be a little unfair to many others if she would be...let her qualify for a spot in the IBU Cup team and there show what she can do in an international field.

I agree.   The one thing that it does though is push back her potential start until January due to the changes in the IBU Cup schedule.  I assume that there would be some events in Norway, Sweden or Finland that she could ski in as well.

19 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I agree.   The one thing that it does though is push back her potential start until January due to the changes in the IBU Cup schedule.  I assume that there would be some events in Norway, Sweden or Finland that she could ski in as well.

One would hope so for her, since surely she'll have to use those mostly national races to qualify for the IBU Cup team :p 

A few random news and notes:

1.  The US training camp scheduled for Austria has been moved to Finland.

2.  Loginov who has been training on his own will join the Russian team on 8 November. "Karim Khalili is expected to join Loginov at the final part of the team’s training camp on November 8, while Eliseev is due to continue training alone until the World Cup season begins on November 27 in Finland."

3. Tandervold had a terrible Rollerski event in Voss in September, has spoken out about what happened.  How bad was it?  She had a 40% hit rate!