Sprint. Men. Results:

1. Dzmitry Lazouski (1+1) 25:48.5

2. Anton Smolski (1+1) +2.3

3. Sergei Bocharnikov (1+1) +5.8

Sprint. Women. Results:

1. Dzinara Alimbekava (0+2) 23:24.1

2. Elena Kruchinkina (0+1) +35.3

3. Hanna Sola (1+1) +41.4

Odd that they still have the ICU images still up.

000028_43257F7E00486028432585EE0042FDC1_

Wiesbaden happened this past weekend 

Also Dmitry Pidruchny has tested positive for COVID19, but as of now is asymptomatic.

Wolfgang Pichler is currently in a coma.  He was cycling near Ruhpolding, had a heart attack.  He was revived, but now is in a coma.  I hope he recovers.

Another new biathlon and ski complex in the works in Russia, this time it is in Khabarovsk, in far east Siberia.  

Flag of Khabarovsk

On 28/09/2020 at 05:53, RobtheAggie said:

Additionally there were two other race related announcements:

1.  IBU Cup - Arber (GER), Brezno-Osrblie (SVK) and Ridnaun (ITA) with five event weeks. The Open European Championships will be held in Duszniki-Zdroj (24-31 January)

2.  "The EB agreed to financially support regional events in all recently defined IBU regions in which mainly neighboring countries compete. Offering a reasonable number of competitions for youth and junior athletes was of high importance following the EB’s decision earlier this month to cancel all IBU Junior Cup events for the 2020/21 season and the Junior Open European Championships."  This could be interesting to see what develops out of this.

Both announcements are from here.

IBU Cup Schedule

Arber I January 11 and 17.

Arber II January 18 to 23.

Open European Championships in Duszniki-Zdroj in Poland January 24 to 31.

Brezno-Osrblie I February 11 to 14. 

Brezno-Osrbie II February 15 to 21.

Ridnaun March 8 and 14.

Another change:

"The IBU Executive Board has decided to guarantee financial support for its event organizers, including those who are holding additional events under the new program and those who are not hosting a World Cup any longer as a result of the calendar alteration."

Two items of news from Canada:

1.  They are restructured their program and added some interesting things.

4 total teams U20 Developmental, U24 Developmental, Senior Developmental and Senior National Team.  They currently have 23 in the U20 Developmental Team.

2.  Canada is happy with two race weekends in Austria.  Both relays did really well there last season.

Some new IBU rules for next season.

1.  "The World Cup Qualification Criteria was adjusted, accounting for the late start of the IBU Cup season, which would be the normal route to the BMW IBU World Cup. Accordingly, for the first trimester only, each National Federation can register two athletes who have not fulfilled the qualification criteria. The start quotas for the BMW IBU World Cup remain the same."

2.  "At the same time, the number of scratch results has been raised up to four for the World Cup Total Score. Scratch results are also introduced to the Nations Cup and Discipline scores as well as the IBU Cup Total Score. In case the total number of competitions are reduced, the number of scratched results will be deducted accordingly."

Permanent Changes:

1.  Blue Bib for best U25 biathlete.  

2.  Super Sprint will now have a standard length of 1.5 km, and no spare rounds.

3.  Cross fire will not result in a DQ anymore.

Oh no, I was always of the opinion that scratch results are utter cancer for the sport. 

Yeah, I guess it helps those athletes that are sick half of the season, but having overall crystal globe winners that have less points win over those that had more would trigger the living fuck out of me. I distinctly remember that nearly happening to Makarainen one year.

Seeing as I've already hated 2 results being scratched off, 4 is going to be even more awful.

Introducing that for nations cup? What the hell? How will that work? Smaller nations will get all their relay points deleted and they will no longer matter at all then? 

Or, those countries that can only start a mixed relay, can chill through all of the 4 athlete relays, not start in them at all and theoretically still be able to catch up in nation points if we're scratching off 4 races there as well?

Ugh, this sounds really horrible and I doubt that I'll be proven wrong.