website statistics

Biathlon 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

1 hour ago, phelps said:

wow! those photos are quite scary...I thought here in Italy (and especially in Milan, Rome and Naples) we had some of the most scary blocks where living is a true nightmare, but this looks also a God's punishment as well...:facepalm:

Yes, Petržalka. This place is a real "legend" here. In the 90´s it was the place with the highest suicidal rate in the whole central europe. Now it seems looking better, the municipality started many projects, placing green parks and so

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

That's quite an achievement with Hungary just behind the corner.

well, in the 90´s with the regime we had around Mečiar, Slota and co. Slovakia was a real shithole of Europe.

Thanks god we kicked those criminals in the ass, otherwise we would be right now like Belarus 2.0 at best

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

well, in the 90´s with the regime we had around Mečiar, Slota and co. Slovakia was a real shithole of Europe.

Thanks god we kicked those criminals in the ass, otherwise we would be right now like Belarus 2.0 at best

You're in between Poland and Hungary with Ukraine on the eastern border... wish you good luck to keep strong.

2 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

But "Niyonsabová" - no consequence with the alternation.

I am really not so good in our grammar, honnestly, we have one of the hardest grammar in this planet so that´s an excuse, but I believe it should be because of two voyels in the end

vowel before a means -yaová.

consonant before a means -bová

On 11/09/2020 at 13:09, Werloc said:

Surprised that this thread didn't blow up yet :mumble:

Apparently, the IBU World Cup is going to run as scheduled, with possibilities for venue changes in the first semester.

Since health precautions cannot be guaranteed at the level of the World Cup, the Junior cup for the following season is cancelled, as well as the European Junior Championships, so the only start for juniors next season is going to be the World Championships in Obertiliach.

IBU cup is also going to be delayed a lot with first races starting in January. No comment on how athletes are going to be qualifying to the World Cup was given.

https://www.biathlonworld.com/news/detail/ibu-adjusts-competition-schedule-for-2020-21-season?fbclid=IwAR3OWCmhUuP-mW6sn3T2HZONvUHzpU_sXZSqkvaTKaNHrKdLfTt2ceCsWsA

So I was looking at the IBU Datacenter.  The IBU Cup no longer has dates with the events.  I looks like those events will be organized on short notice.  If so, I would expect some of the traditional locales (provided they can host) to get those events.  When in times of crisis, the tried and true and known are usually better ideas than brand new.

22 hours ago, Werloc said:

I'm just wondering how many Lithuanian juniors are just going to quit this year if they're not travelling or racing at all, especially if it's a snowless winter again. 

We constantly have trouble with young biathletes quitting and leaving a huge gap in the B team, so yeah, I wonder how this season will affect that.

It is so hard to train for anything without a way to test yourself against others.  We might see a lot of youth/junior biathletes leave due to this.  I hope not, but hard training, with limited access to reward is hard enough (all of biathlon).  Hard training with very limited access to rewards is even harder (Junior/Youth) now.  Unless a nation has a youth/junior schedule, things could get bad.  The US is focusing on regional events this year.