website statistics

Rowing at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dareza

Wait what, Martin didn't win? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

This is just shit. In swimming in the 50m/100m races if athletes have the same time considering only hundreds of second they are given the same medal. And here in the 2000m race they are watching thousands. 

Yeah, I agree, it's quite absurd.... much more likely to be a tie over 50m than 2000m.

12 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Only 1 medal :facepalm:

I hope rowing canada takes action as this is unacceptable 

Totally unacceptable.  Women's 8s used to be a given medal.  Worst performance since 1988.  Terrible.  

And now to watch men's 8s where Canada doesn't have a team for the first time I can remember.  Much more important to have two terrible 4 man boats instead.  

Edited by orangeman

Yeah ...

If you have to compete against GB in a discipline that is 99% about endurance, than you can settle for silver before the start of the competition, its just ridiculous. :lol:

I guess its just coincidence that they are so good in swimming, team pursuit, triathlon, rowing and long distance running (Radcliffe, Farah) ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

33 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Only 1 medal :facepalm:

I hope rowing canada takes action as this is unacceptable 

If being realistic, surely you didn't expect much more than 1-2 medals..? Or do you mean something like us and our swimming? --> in Rio we didn't expect more than 1 medal or so, which looking at past years just shows how much of a mess our swimming has become :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!