website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

USA may well get advanced to the final though, good decision to finish the race.

Why would they get advanced..? It's not shorttrack is it? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, bestmen said:

the faster one should be the last one

even the bug knows that

Nope. The athlete in 2nd position runs the bigger distance (it's not all exactly 100m of course), which is why Schippers always runs in 2nd position. It's the most logical place for her, even the bug knows that :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Apparently the Brazilian athlete knocked it out of Felix's hands :d

That happened before didn't it? :p 

I mean, I don't remember teams being advanced because of that...because then what's the exact rule for being advanced? 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Nope. The athlete in 2nd position runs the bigger distance (it's not all exactly 100m of course), which is why Schippers always runs in 2nd position. It's the most logical place for her, even the bug knows that :) 

the medalists never did that

just watch all the finals of relay

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, but since she is horrible with exchanges... 4th position means only one exchange

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

Apparently the Brazilian athlete knocked it out of Felix's hands :d

Could go either way.  The replays I saw indicated contact, but didn't show the Brazilian out of her lane.  But the replay wasn't that great.  Since it's the Americans, I'm going to bet that they get into the finals, though.  Not being anti-American, just saying that certain countries always get the 'benefit of the doubt'.  It's why Russian athletes are in Rio, while most other countries would not be if they did the same thing (and why Sun is allowed to keep swimming).  

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That happened before didn't it? :p 

I mean, I don't remember teams being advanced because of that...because then what's the exact rule for being advanced? 

I will not be surprised if they get advanced, in fact I am expecting it :d