website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

13 minutes ago, Майкл said:

Oh, please... No one hates USA, but the inequality... Do you really think Bahamas' relay, for example, would be allowed to re-run they race like your team did if they appealed? Of course they wouldn't be allowed to.

They would allow it if it was Bahamas... Similar thing happened in 2012 with :RSA 4x400m relay. They were allowed to compete in final despite having DNF. They didn't have to do a re-run because London stadium had 9 lanes, and that's the only thing different in this story...

Enough of these unsupported conspiracy theories of mighty USA...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, Майкл said:

Of course it is, but it was only a desperate move to put some pressure on the judges, because they're mighty Murica!1!!!!11!

:lol:

Or merely a move to try and see whether a DQ would be overturned, like which has happened before in all kinds of events with all kinds of nations ;)

I'm not a USA fan, but dear lord, not everything is one big bad attempt to a conspiracy/influence judges by Americans :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Maxim Fastovsky:

i LOVE the USA Hatred, please, keep it coming, but i will keep looking at the medal table, see 14 more golds then the second place, and 40 more overall medals then the second place. That is the definition of Olympic DOMINATION. So keep it coming, this jealousy is fun! 

I understand you, but i dont think thats the right reaction and i dont get why anyone should be jealous? Its not an achievement to be born in the US, so how do all those medals really have anything to do with you? In the end american athletes wouldve won the exact same number of medals if you never would have been born.

Many people just feel that the US isnt treated like a normal country, although they might be completely right to protest this decision. Just take the start times of swimming finals as an example, NBC was able to dictate the start times and american athletes clearly profited from it. So i understand those people who are happy to see american athletes "fail", although they might not have a point in this special case. Its not the "fault" of someone like Bromell to be american, so no one should hope that he gets treated in an unfair way just because he is american. He worked very hard for many years, so its not right to wish that he gets "robbed" here. For the same reason its not right to treat north korean athletes like shit, just because their political leaders are completely mad.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:lol:

Or merely a move to try and see whether a DQ would be overturned, like which has happened before in all kinds of events with all kinds of nations ;)

I'm not a USA fan, but dear lord, not everything is one big bad attempt to a conspiracy/influence judges by Americans :p 

Not really :lol: For example, I do hate Gatlin, but I hate seeing Tsikhan and Efimova competing as well, while the likes of Isinbaeva and Shubenkov were not allowed to. :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, Майкл said:

Not really :lol: For example, I do hate Gatlin, but I hate seeing Tsikhan and Efimova competing as well, while the likes of Isinbaeva and Shubenkov were not allowed to. :dunno: 

Yes, that indeed deserves some huge, huge complaints with the Russian authorities/sports federations and so on, who royally screwed over their own athletes by getting themselves banned :facepalm:

I'm patiently waiting for Isinbayeva to start getting angry at the people who robbed her of her chance to compete at another Olympics: her own sports federation and authorities. :thumbdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Майкл:

Did Isinbaeva, Kuchina or Shubenkov do anything to deserve the ban? No (although i cant respect Isinbaeva after all she has said in the last couple of months), but please tell me:

In which other way should Russia have been punished for their state-run doping system? Do you think that there would have been an other way to make them realize that they cant continue like this?

Do i think that american athletes are any cleaner? No, but they werent "stupid" enough to get caught, so (sadly) you cant punish them.

For me the biggest joke about all this is that some federations were still allowed to compete in weightlifting, although they have proven to be at least as dirty as the russian federation, IWF clearly should have banned more federations.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

53 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

i LOVE the USA Hatred, please, keep it coming, but i will keep looking at the medal table, see 14 more golds then the second place, and 40 more overall medals then the second place. That is the definition of Olympic DOMINATION. So keep it coming, this jealousy is fun! 

But we're 7 times better than you when it comes to medals per capita. ;)

It really isn't that hard to win loads of medals when you're the 3rd largest country (in population) and have the money you have!

Especially when India is one of the bigger countries.

For me, it's no matter of hatred or jealousy. It's just kind of boring, when a country dominates.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb dcro:

They would allow it if it was Bahamas... Similar thing happened in 2012 with :RSA 4x400m relay. They were allowed to compete in final despite having DNF. They didn't have to do a re-run because London stadium had 9 lanes, and that's the only thing different in this story...

Enough of these unsupported conspiracy theories of mighty USA...

Good memory (as always), but do you think both case can really be compared? I think in 2012 no other team got kicked out, in 2016 China got kicked out, i dont really think that both cases are the same.

1 minute ago, Agger said:

But we're 7 times better than you when it comes to medals per capita. ;)

It really isn't that hard to win loads of medals when you're the 3rd largest country (in population) and have the money you have!

Especially when India is one of the bigger countries.

For me, it's no matter of hatred or jealousy. It's just kind of boring, when a country dominates.

Exactly. Don't care much which country it is. I remember the speed skating at the 2014 Olympics: we completely shattered the competition winning basically everything, but maybe just one of those gold medals made me think more than "oh, cool" :p 

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly. Don't care much which country it is. I remember the speed skating at the 2014 Olympics: we completely shattered the competition winning basically everything, but maybe just one of those gold medals made me think more than "oh, cool" :p 

And which one was that? :p

#banbestmen