website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

If Dunfee was American he'd be allowed to do a re-race alone.  :whistle:

And if he was American then people here would say that he shouldn't get bronze

Anyway, I think Arai will be disqualified ;)

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, Andry84 said:

Arai should not be DSQ but Tallent run the last 10 km, it's impossible he finished this race.

It was a much more malicious and intentional bump than the Brazilians yesterday.  But we all know there are some rules for some countries, and other rules for other countries.  

well, what to say...

I´m speechless, entirely speechless...

This is my best and the most beautiful day in my life talking about sport ofc.

Matej is absolutely amazing !  I´m so happy he managed to keep all the pressure as he was clearly the biggest favorite for gold here, at least in Slovakia :p It was a cruel and exciting race, I lost some 10 years today just watching it, even in our TV his coach said : "peoples don´t be afraid, Matej is doing his tactics perfectl, He´ll start the race in 40th kilometer." so we were waiting this and he did it :d oh dear I do not know what to say more...I´m so happy, so so happy..I wanted this athletics medal so much...and finally we have it and it´s a gold ..I can´t believe it. Absolutely awesome. Congrats Matej, current world champion and olympic champion :thumbup:

Our 9th summer olympic gold in history and the first ever non-canoe slalom Gold :d

and finally Thank you all for your congratulations ! Thank a lot :hug:

12 minutes ago, orangeman said:

It was a much more malicious and intentional bump than the Brazilians yesterday.  But we all know there are some rules for some countries, and other rules for other countries.  

This was the same kind of thing as the Americans vs Brazilians, with the difference being that the Americans were actually 100% knocked out of the race because of that. Losing a baton is different than having to regain your balance. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!