website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

God there is no getting rid of those jamaicans. Oh, Dafne, why did you had to f@ck up this race of all. :( No surprise that Gatlin is out, he was never in the form from last year and the 200 is his badder competition, so it was expected that he would do worse. By the way, having 3 europeans (well 4 if you count Martina :p) in the final must be a first in the last 20 year or something. Only 1 american and jamaican, when has that happened recently. :d

Edited by Federer91

4 hours ago, wpwells said:

You all wonder why there aren't very many Americans that post on this site...

I'm on your side largely, when you are not wanting to get rid of Russia in the grand political game in the sky, which doesn't have any place in the world of sport. :) Beside that i'm very much supporting the athletes of the big US of A and damn right wish you were winning those pesty sprints. Your fellow northern neigbours are the ones that are saying you win too much. And don't mind OlympicsFan, he dishes on everybody. :d 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Maxim Fastovsky:

Really? because in london we got 110 medals and 46 gold, amount of gold that we wont get to this time, plus a very nice amount in beijing.

And don't worry, NBC will again make them move the swimming finals to the morning just like in beijing

Which medal table (for London 2012) were you looking at? On Wikipedia it says that the US won 103 medals 4 years ago. Now you have 93 medals already and you will win at least 20 more medals (2 x basketball, 2 x boxing, 0-2 x BMX, 0-1 x diving, 0-1 x equestrian, 0-1 x golf, 0-1 x sailing, 0-1 x taekwondo, 0-2 x triathlon, 0-2 x volleyball, 1 x water polo, 0-4 x wrestling, 0-12 x athletics), so this will easily be your best result ever (1904 and 1984 excluded of course).

By the way: You won 110 medals in Beijing, not in London.

You also should think about the following thing: Even if you wouldve won less medals than 4 years ago, you still could have overperformed. In my opinion your team is weaker than 4 years ago (just because you won more medals than 4 years ago, it doesnt mean that your team got better), you might want to look at the results of the swimming/athletics world championships from last year if you dont agree. I think you clearly had an advantage this time, because all other big nations had to adapt to a different time zone and NBC was able to dictate the start times for swimming/athletics finals, so most athletes had a "double jetlag".

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 hours ago, wpwells said:

Honestly, I have never wondered about that for a second really :p 

As in, I have never even thought about it, just like I don't think about why there are no Kyrgyz or Vanuatu or South African members or something. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

God there is no getting rid of those jamaicans. Oh, Dafne, why did you had to f@ck up this race of all. :( No surprise that Gatlin is out, he was never in the form from last year and the 200 is his badder competition, so it was expected that he would do worse. By the way, having 3 europeans (well 4 if you count Martina :p) in the final must be a first in the last 20 year or something. Only 1 american and jamaican, when has that happened recently. :d

2016: 4 Europeans

2012: 2 Europeans

2008: 1 European 

2004: 2 Europeans

2000: 3 Europeans - gold and silver (Kenteris, the motorbike accident/doping story dude :lol:)

1996: 3 Europeans

1992: 2 Europeans

1988: 4 Europeans

:p

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

2016: 4 Europeans

2012: 2 Europeans

2008: 1 European 

2004: 2 Europeans

2000: 3 Europeans - gold and silver (Kenteris :lol:)

1996: 3 Europeans

1992: 2 Europeans

1988: 4 Europeans

:p

Guess i need to refreshen my athletics history. :d

Boy i need to shut up next time.  What i am saying, is sometimes It becomes very boring to see the same country win all the Time.  But what Can We do.  I apologize if i offended my neighbours south of the border, but This is my opinion, you don't have to  agree with me.:)

vor 8 Stunden schrieb wpwells:

It would be nice to have more (american) members, but why exactly are american users more important than users from any other country?

If you think that Totallympics needs more american users, then why dont you try to spread news about Totallympics among american people?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.