website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

vor 34 Minuten schrieb GER-PJ:

Why can the German NOC nominate Tobias Giehl (400m hurdles)??

He hasn't got the qualification standard and he isn't published on the official Olympic ranking??  

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/sport/leichtathletik-nur-noch-drei-1.3077217

Same was true for Kock and Sujew, but both are now officialy in, because enough athletes ranked ahead of them declined their place.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb GER-PJ:

Thanks

http://road-to-rio.com/

Here you can see his current position (you have to select men's 400m hurdles). I think he needs to hope that 3 faster guys (assuming that no russian athlete will be allowed to compete) decline their spot. I am not very optimistic, its very sad that Franz and Königsmark werent able to get back into their top shape. 

How many medals do you expect? I think 10-12 medals would be a good result for us.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Thanks again. That is important for two German athletes (Giehl; Woitha).

I think 10-12 medals are a very good result, but possible. In London 2012 and Bejing 2015 we got 8 medals. 

We should get a medal in each throwing competition (7). And then it will be difficult... (moguenara in longjump, strutz or ryzih in pole vault, max heß in triplejump) 

I think 8-10 medals are a good result.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb GER-PJ:

Thanks again. That is important for two German athletes (Giehl; Woitha).

I think 10-12 medals are a very good result, but possible. In London 2012 and Bejing 2015 we got 8 medals. 

We should get a medal in each throwing competition (7). And then it will be difficult... (moguenara in longjump, strutz or ryzih in pole vault, max heß in triplejump) 

I think 8-10 medals are a good result.

11 of our athletes are currently top 3 + Tesfaye (mens 1500m) + Linke (mens 20km race walking) + Holzdeppe (mens pole vault) + Heß (mens triple jump) + Onnen (mens high jump) + Weber (mens javelin throw) + Storl (mens shot put) + mens 4x100m relay + Krause (womens 3000m SC) + Roleder (womens 100m hurdles) + Mihambo (womens long jump) + Gierisch (womens triple jump) + Ryzih (womens pole vault) + Jungfleisch (womens high jump) + Stahl (womens javelin throw) + Schäfer (womens heptathlon). I think Holzdeppe, Heß, Storl, Krause, Roleder, Stahl and Schäfer all have a realistic chance for a medal.

Do you think Lückenkemper or Klosterhalfen will reach the final in Rio?

Yes, they all have realistic opportunities, but the experience says that not all of this will come true.

I hope both of them reach the final. But I wouldn'r bet on this. Gina Lückenkemper have a great run at the european championships. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb GER-PJ:

Yes, they all have realistic opportunities, but the experience says that not all of this will come true.

I hope both of them reach the final. But I wouldn'r bet on this. Gina Lückenkemper have a great run at the european championships. 

Normally about half of the medal contenders win a medal and we have at least 20 medal contenders:

Storl, Röhler, Vetter, Weber, C.Harting, R.Harting, Onnen, Holzdeppe (if fit), Heß, Abele, Kazmirek, Linke, Tesfaye, mens 4x100m relay, Schwanitz, Heidler, Stahl, Hussong, Fischer/Müller, Mihambo/Moguenara (if fit), Jungfleisch, Ryzih, Gierisch/Elbe, Schäfer, Roleder, Krause, womens 4x100m relay. Some of them are unlikely to win a medal, but Storl/Röhler/Vetter/R.Harting/Holzdeppe/Heß/Abele/Schwanitz/Heidler/Stahl/Hussong/Fischer/Roleder/Krause/Schäfer and maybe Moguenara and our womens 4x100m relay all are among the favorites to win a medal. For me the worst case would be that "only" Storl, Röhler, R.Harting, Abele, Schwanitz, Heidler, Hussong, Fischer, Roleder and Krause win a medal.

I was actually disappointed by Lückenkemper at the european championships, i expected her to run at least sub 22.50s, we have to hope that she will peak in Rio. I think she has to be at least on the same level as Lalova if she wants to reach the final. I am clearly more optimistic about Klosterhalfen, not only because 12 athletes can reach the final in womens 1500m. I just hope that Klosterhalfen wont use all her energy at the junior world championships, where she wants to win two medals.

Edited by OlympicsFan

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Here you can see his current position (you have to select men's 400m hurdles). I think he needs to hope that 3 faster guys (assuming that no russian athlete will be allowed to compete) decline their spot. I am not very optimistic, its very sad that Franz and Königsmark werent able to get back into their top shape. 

How many medals do you expect? I think 10-12 medals would be a good result for us.

Do you know how credible road to rio is? Czech Republic had 2 athletes with small q yesterday, but today there isn´t anyone. And i read news that one of them (Melich - hammer throw) received invitation from IAAF, but he is not included in this list now. I am confused.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb OlympicsFan:

To use heywoodu's system (roughly):

Krause: chance 25%

Roleder: 25%

4x100m Men: 5%

4x100m Women: 15%

Linke: 5%

Jungfleisch: 10% 

Holzdeppe: 10% (hoping, that he finds his shape)

Ryzih/Strutz: 5%

Moguenara: 20%

Heß: 25%

Schwanitz: 90%

Storl: 65%

R. Harting: 70%

C. Harting: 20%

Müller: 20%

Fischer: 25%

Craft: 10%

Heidler: 55%

Stahl: 30%

Obergföll: 15%

Hussong: 15%

Röhler: 65%

Vetter: 15%

Weber: 10%

Schäfer: 20%

Kazmirek: 5%

Abele: 35%

Someone else: 5%

makes 715 points = 7 medals :)

vor 30 Minuten schrieb stepansevs:

Do you know how credible road to rio is? Czech Republic had 2 athletes with small q yesterday, but today there isn´t anyone. And i read news that one of them (Melich - hammer throw) received invitation from IAAF, but he is not included in this list now. I am confused.

His best result in the qualifying period is 76.21m from last year, so he should be safe. Maybe they took him off the list of non-qualified athletes and just forgot to add him to the list of qualified athletes. The best athlete on the list of non-qualified athletes has a result of 75.96m and the worst athlete on the list of qualified athletes has a result of 76.18m, Melich has a better result than both and should be safe. I think they get their data from tilastopaja.org website.