website statistics

Totallympics Summer Games 2020

Olympian1010

Remember deadline to submit events for inclusion is May 31st. We haven’t gotten too many proposals yet, so I’m a bit worried about this. We fell about bit behind on tests, but I’m pretty sure we’re going to test events on Thursday and Friday this week.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I just don't have much experience with sports games other than some racing games (Grid Autosport), that somewhat dumb but fun little darts game and the now defunct alpine skiing game of Greentube or something :p (downhill only)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like there’s no interest in this, so there’s not really point in doing it anymore.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Seems like there’s no interest in this, so there’s not really point in doing it anymore.

I wouldn't really say there's a lack of interest, it's more of a lack of inspiration :p At least from my side

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I wouldn't really say there's a lack of interest, it's more of a lack of inspiration :p At least from my side

Right, and so I just think we shouldn’t waste time on this anymore. I’m sure we all have better things to do.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Right, and so I just think we shouldn’t waste time on this anymore. I’m sure we all have better things to do.

It might be helpful to try and play some of this stuff against/with each other every now and then to get used to it, and see if in the future it's possible to turn it into a Games-like event. It's quite hard to have an event with a whole host of games which are 99% entirely new to pretty much everyone, instead of taking it step by step.

I'd definitely be up for a couple of games, be it one on one or with a couple of other people.

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It might be helpful to try and play some of this stuff against/with each other every now and then to get used to it, and see if in the future it's possible to turn it into a Games-like event. It's quite hard to have an event with a whole host of games which are 99% entirely new to pretty much everyone, instead of taking it step by step.

I'd definitely be up for a couple of games, be it one on one or with a couple of other people.

That’s why I so wish the Tokyo 2020 XBox/PC/PS game was out worldwide right now. It would be awesome to get a group together and play that like once a week or something.

Honestly, I really want to do a multi-sports games in Minecraft. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a ton of crossover between Olympic fans and Minecraft players :(

I’ve tried twice to put something together now, and it hasn’t worked out in the end. I actually got rather close on the last attempt, but there wasn’t enough players with compatible versions of the game. I’m going to go for a third try this summer because I literally have nothing better to do.