website statistics

Totallympics Summer Games 2020

Olympian1010

@bmo @ahjfcshfghb @mrv86 @heywoodu @dcro @OlympicIRL @Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo @Vektor @Gianlu33 @Vojthas @Ashton @Agger @Fly_like_a_don @Speedy make sure to read over the above post. I want to make sure people are happy with that. I’m really happy to see so many people interested in this idea, and I think we may see some more get interested as we move further along. I’m really looking forward to these games, and I can’t wait to start planning them out.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I'm especially happy there's no Rule 40 here :p I would add something about broadcasting to ensure the rights to the Totallympics Media. :)

I could add that if you think it’s necessary. I don’t see anyone swooping in and stealing our rights, especially since Totallympics Media is literally the organizing committee at this point :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@bmo @ahjfcshfghb @mrv86 @heywoodu @dcro @OlympicIRL @Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo @Vektor @Gianlu33 @Vojthas @Ashton @Agger @Fly_like_a_don @Speedy make sure to read over the above post. I want to make sure people are happy with that. I’m really happy to see so many people interested in this idea, and I think we may see some more get interested as we move further along. I’m really looking forward to these games, and I can’t wait to start planning them out.

Done.

Great job Matt!

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here’s a draft of the charter I came up with for the games:

1. Organization

1. TBD

2. Participation

1. Participants must be registered members (hereby known as “users”) of Totallympics.

2. A user must be an active member of the community in order to participate. An active member of the community is defined as a member who has participated in at least one discussion, or has participated in Totallympics sanctioned activities such as the Totallympics International Song Contest, or a Prediction Contest, within the past year. 

3. A user may be allowed special dispensation to participate in Totallympics Games if the community deems them eligible even if they do not fulfill the active user criteria; subject to the approval of the organizing committee.

4. Participating users shall be respectful of all participants and officials.

5. Participating users must be respectful when posting and discussing with other members on any of the Totallympics Games Thread.

6. Users must meet all of the necessary eligibility requirements. 

7. If foul play is detected with respect to 7 (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), or (f) at any stage before, during or after the competition, the organising committee reserves the right to place the participation or result of that nation under review. These rules are not designed to exclude, only to ensure the Totallympics Games retain a distinct character, built upon a unique community atmosphere created by users of the forum.

3. National Representation

1. Users may represent one nation, and are not allowed to change affiliation under any circumstances after entering the games.

2. A user may represent the nation of their birth, the nation they currently reside, the nation they are a citizen of, or the nation listed on their Totallympics profile.

3. Violation of rules 3.a or 3.b will result in the disqualification of the user, and a voiding of their results. The user may continue to participate in the events and festivities of the games, but will no longer be considered an official entry.

4. Event Program

1. To be on the program an event must use an application, software, program, or activity that is reasonably available to most users.

2. To be on the program an event must have at least 5 participants or more. In the event of a late withdrawal, an event may continue with 4 participants provided that all of the participants make the greatest possible effort to complete the event.

3. Events must be conducted with the highest degree of organization possible.

4. Failure of an event to meet criteria (a), (b), or (c) will lead to eviction from the program of the Totallympics Games.

5. Amendments to the Totallympics Games Charter

1. Amendments may be made to the Totallympics Games Charter.

2. Amendments will be proposed by either the organizing committee of the Totallympics Games, or participants of the Totallympics Games.

3. For an amendment to be approved, it must be passed by a simple majority vote of eligible voters. Eligible voters are defined as members of the organizing committee of the Totallympics Games, users who have participated in the Totallympics Games, users who are registered to compete in the Totallympics Games but have yet to compete, and moderators of Totallympics.

4. Amendments may be changed from their original text, or discarded if a simple majority of eligible voters approve such action in a vote. Rules originally in the Totallympics Games Charter may also be subjected to the above actions.

Looks good! I am in New Zealand until August so timezones might be hard, but we will cross that bridge

1 hour ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Looks good! I am in New Zealand until August so timezones might be hard, but we will cross that bridge

Yes, we’ll do our best with scheduling. Scheduling will reflect the needs of the host broadcaster, the needs of the participants, and the needs of the technical officials. I

14 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

@Olympian1010 I'm happy with that. But i want to merge music, dance and other contests here itself. So 4 a should be modified. 

That’s why the following language was originally included in Rule 4.1, “To be on the program an event must use an application, software, program, or activity that is reasonably available to most users.”

Rules for the individuals event will be proposed by the technical official (some in the case of the song competition, most likely OlympicIRL) and approved (rubber stamped in most cases probably) by the organizing committee. The for the rules will then be published for participants to see.