website statistics

Totallympics Summer Games 2020

Olympian1010

Okay, so I decided to make this thread on @ahjfcshfghb recommendation, and comment I saw from @dcro in the TISC thread about the special contest in the summer. 

@dcro had suggested doing a few competitions during what would have been this year’s Summer Olympic Games. I had offered to try and run a Summer Games in Minecraft using the venues I’d built. I’d also to be open to any other suggestions people I have. One possibility might be to do some events from the official Olympic videos games (Mobile/Console). The games would be complete with a logo, mascot, motto, hopefully some form of “reward”, etc.; as well as full streaming (when possible), a results page, info page, medal table, etc.

I think this is actually a fun idea, and there are multiple ways we could go about pulling something like this off. I’d be totally down to organize and host the games (and I’d welcome anyone else who’d want to help out). I also think members could contribute in many ways, and I’d be a great way to end a rather lack luster summer.

I encourage people to make their thoughts on the matter known below. As I said above, I think this, or something like it (it definitely doesn’t have to be exactly as I proposed) would be a great event for the community, and I’d be a great way to bring users together for some fun days of competition. So discuss below.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Came across another possibility to add to the program. The eSailing game World Sailing uses for their Virtual World Cup is completely free download and play, and there’s the option for custom races in private lobbies. That’d be something worth checking out if people are interested in this idea.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Came across another possibility to add to the program. The eSailing game World Sailing uses for their Virtual World Cup is completely free download and play, and there’s the option for custom races in private lobbies. That’d be something worth checking out if people are interested in this idea.

That could work. I'm fine with whatever.

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

There used to be a great downhill skiing game (yeah, downhill only) but that's discontinued sadly and I can't find it anymore. Since there's snow in South America and Oceania, it'd be possible :banana: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Only if we have 10 races + medal race to decide the winner. :p

#banbestmen

Btw, my idea was combining the Special TISC Edition with some other (cultural and such) events like others suggested.

Though I guess we can combine everything we can think of and basically end up with some 1900 Summer Olympics all over again. :p

#banbestmen

Esailing? I'm in

EDIT. Great great idea. We can play virtual olympic games, in many sports. With medal table and other great things.

Esailing is funny. We can create private regattas, one for player, with a little welcome bonus- no pay.

I can organize competitions, i need 10-20 partecipants.
So, who  is interested, subscrive here and on the site, https://esailing-wc.com/

Next weeks regattas begins!!

Another game is Riding club championship.

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Okay, so I decided to make this thread on @ahjfcshfghb recommendation, and comment I saw from @dcro in the TISC thread about the special contest in the summer. 

@dcro had suggested doing a few competitions during what would have been this year’s Summer Olympic Games. I had offered to try and run a Summer Games in Minecraft using the venues I’d built. I’d also to be open to any other suggestions people I have. One possibility might be to do some events from the official Olympic videos games (Mobile/Console). The games would be complete with a logo, mascot, motto, hopefully some form of “reward”, etc.; as well as full streaming (when possible), a results page, info page, medal table, etc.

I think this is actually a fun idea, and there are multiple ways we could go about pulling something like this off. I’d be totally down to organize and host the games (and I’d welcome anyone else who’d want to help out). I also think members could contribute in many ways, and I’d be a great way to end a rather lack luster summer.

I encourage people to make their thoughts on the matter known below. As I said above, I think this, or something like it (it definitely doesn’t have to be exactly as I proposed) would be a great event for the community, and I’d be a great way to bring users together for some fun days of competition. So discuss below.

I think it would be fun to play the Tokyo 2020 video game (not Mario and sonic) with other users. If we end up playing the game I am happy to participate because I already have it.

6 minutes ago, bmo said:

I think it would be fun to play the Tokyo 2020 video game (not Mario and sonic) with other users. If we end up playing the game I am happy to participate because I already have it.

For which platform do you already have the video game ? For Android and iOS the official date should be May 7th :mumble:And of PC, XBOX and PS4 I haven't seen any official date yet, but it surely is not yet released in Europe :p