website statistics

Shooting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

1 minute ago, nitinsanker said:

guys do you have a clear link for the rules for quota exchange ..................... I have said in my national forum that the maximum number of quotas that a country can exchange is one ................ There are so many people arguing that a country can exchange as many quotas as they please ....................... am I right ? ............... do give me a link ?  

Details on the exchange of quota places can be found in the confirmation process. Read them carefully.

ISSF Qualification System for Rio 2016

1 minute ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Details on the exchange of quota places can be found in the confirmation process. Read them carefully.

I am right I hope by the way ? ................................

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

44 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Can any shooter represent the quota .....................for example if shooter A wins a quota............ can the NOC select any shooter to represent the country for that quota or is that also counted as an exchange of a quota .................. what are the rules governing that 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

14 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Can any shooter represent the quota .....................for example if shooter A wins a quota............ can the NOC select any shooter to represent the country for that quota or is that also counted as an exchange of a quota .................. what are the rules governing that 

Shooter A wins a quota in Event X. Now, this means a) Shooter A cannot win another quota in any other event and b) Shooter A's NOC has a quota in Event X. Now, whether NOC wants to send A or some other guy B (who has MQS in Event X) is purely upto NOC. The shooter who is selected by NOC can participate in other events as well provided he has MQS in that event as well. This can be done as long as the number of shooters in that event does not cross 2 per NOC limit. If NOC wins 2 quota (A and B) in Event X and has another shooter C who has quota in Event Y and MQS in Event X, then NOC must decide which 2 shooters would take part in Event X. This is what happened with China. They decided to use shooter C and hence returning their quota. All these selections are not part of exchange of quotas. Exchange of quotas is when NOC returns its quota in Event X and instead gets a quota in Event Z. Like we exchanged Rajput's quota in 50x3 and got quota in Trap. This exchange can only be done once by NOC. 

Hope this clarifies the situation. 

1 hour ago, RaileanuEcaterina said:

I don't know (((

But I know,that Bahran got two qoutas - from NOC - ..... 

Bahrain only got one quota. Bolivia, Malta and Oman got two quotas because they applied for two to the tripartite committee.