website statistics

Golf at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Danylove80

6 minutes ago, George_D said:

i think this sport was the worst of the competition.

I don´t agree. at first I thought the same, and was very sceptical about..and I absolutely ignored the first 3 days of mens competition,.. but then somehow I started to watch the 4th mens day, mainly because nothing else started yet this morning and I must say that I liked the competition very much, It catched me strongly and I tried to follow the race the whole day as much as possible, even I watched the last 4 holes in integrality and the fight for gold between Stenson and Rose was very exciting.

ofc that only my opinion :d but I loved it much and now I´m for to maintain this sport under the 5 rings :)

I didn't follow the women's tournament as closely as the men's (where most of all 4 rounds was on either my tv or computer), but it has been another very interesting one. 

Inbee Park played very well on 3 of the 4 rounds, and it was clear only a few holes in the 4th round that she would be out of reach.

Meanwhile the world's no. 1, Lydia Ko had a rather mediocre start, but then rushed up the field with a great 3rd round.

Shanshang Feng on the other hand played 4 solid, but not great rounds, making her 3rd.

Sadly Nicole threw away the chance for medals with a quadruple bogey in the beginning of the 3rd round. Nanna could have wanted a slightly better 3rd round, just as she needed to be a bit better with the putter on the 4th.

All in all I am in favour of golf staying after these 2 tournaments (no surprise, as I'm one of the most pro-golf members here).

Some very good and exciting tournaments and it seems very clear that all the golfers who have been in Rio were very excited about being part of it. I would be very surprised if we see as many withdrawals for the golf in Tokyo.