website statistics
Jump to content

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016


dcro
 Share

Recommended Posts

Okay, this is a bit weird. Julie Brougham, who got selected to represent New Zealand in dressage, lied about her age. Her FEI profile was saying that she was born in 80s while in reality she is a 62-year old woman.

 

Quote

"I had tried to keep my age on the down-low, but hey, now I’m an Olympian I may as well embrace it."

 

http://olympic.org.nz/news/brougham-knocks-todd-from-top-spot/

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, dcro said:

Okay, this is a bit weird. Julie Brougham, who got selected to represent New Zealand in dressage, lied about her age. Her FEI profile was saying that she was born in 80s while in reality she is a 62-year old woman.

 

 

http://olympic.org.nz/news/brougham-knocks-todd-from-top-spot/

 

It could be a case of FEI making an administrative mistake as well? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

 

It could be a case of FEI making an administrative mistake as well? 


Well, maybe. Though NZOC also didn't know about her age as they initially thought that Mark Todd will become the oldest Kiwi Olympian (while Brougham is older).

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

USA jumping team has been selected.

 

Lucy Davis (Barron)

Kent Farrington (Voyeur)

Beezie Madden (Cortes 'C')

McLain Ward (Azur)

 

Laura Kraut and Zeremonie are the reserves. I'm surprised that Lucy Davis and Barron got selected again, not the most reliable combination in the World.

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

:TUR

 

Jumping

Ömer Karaevli (Dadjak ter Puttenen)

 

Cool, he has lived in the Netherlands from 1993 until April of this year when he got in very serious financial trouble with the tax services. They took two of his trucks to sell and he had a huge debt of several tens of thousands of euros..

 

Ncie to see he can at least still go to the Olympics :) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, heywoodu said:

 

Cool, he has lived in the Netherlands from 1993 until April of this year when he got in very serious financial trouble with the tax services. They took two of his trucks to sell and he had a huge debt of several tens of thousands of euros..

 

Ncie to see he can at least still go to the Olympics :) 

 

 

Oh, really? I didn't know this incident. Also, he has a Dutch wife and two children (a daughter and a son). His father was minister of state in the cabinet of Turgut Özal (1983-1987).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

 

Cool, he has lived in the Netherlands from 1993 until April of this year when he got in very serious financial trouble with the tax services. They took two of his trucks to sell and he had a huge debt of several tens of thousands of euros..

 

Ncie to see he can at least still go to the Olympics :) 

 


At least they didn't take his horses! ;)

 

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...