website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dcro

:USA Graves 80%

Holy shit! Ride of the lifetime for her! Bronze for USA, for the first time since 2008 we have a nation on podium that is not GER, GBR or NED (at any event, not just Olympics) :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Predictions for Individual:

1st Valegro 2nd Weihegold Old 3rd  ... Desperados 45% Showtime 55%

I think any of these four can win on their day, they are quite close.

Dujardin might have an edge though.

#banbestmen

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Jackal:

Predictions for Individual:

1st Valegro 2nd Weihegold Old 3rd  ... Desperados 45% Showtime 55%

Two medals should be safe for Germany. Of course i hope that Werth wins an individual gold, but normally Dujardin will win the gold, especially because she gets overscored very often, probably because she is the current olympic champion. Werth would have to perform clearly better then Dujardin if she wants the gold and thats very unlikely, unless Dujardin has a second off-day in a row. I would say that Sprehe has a better chance for bronze than Schneider though ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Brazilian team was excellent today in the first jumping competition, maybe that will bring a couple of people to Deodoro in next days :p

Anyway, :URU Nestor Nielsen is the hero of the day :bowdown:

Any other countries that looked good? Any did badly? Predictions for the future rounds?

3 horas atrás, dcro disse:

Brazilian team was excellent today in the first jumping competition, maybe that will bring a couple of people to Deodoro in next days :p

From the little I watched today, I thought the first session did have good attendance? Maybe I'm wrong... Anyway, Jumping finals were sold out (for brazilians at least) long time before the Olympics. I believe Jumping is considered the main Equestrian event?

12 hours ago, intoronto said:

Any other countries that looked good? Any did badly? Predictions for the future rounds?

I didn't watch whole competition so can't really tell, although Germany and Brazil seemed to be the best. But, first jumping competition at Olympics is usually much easier than those to come, so this competition was almost some kind of warm-up.

France and Netherlands faced some surprisnig eliminations/disqualifications though, but it doesn't hurt them that much teamwise. Eliminated/disqualified riders can still compete for a team, but their individual chances are gone.

#banbestmen