website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dcro

1 hour ago, dcro said:

:GER Michael Jung had to switch his horse for Rio from Takinou to Sam. Takinou sustained a minor infection.

Does it change anything? I mean his chances for gold are less than with the previous horse? Or he has two horses on more a less the same level?

55 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Does it change anything? I mean his chances for gold are less than with the previous horse? Or he has two horses on more a less the same level?

I don't think it changes much, more or less on the same level.

Sam is actually the horse with whom Jung won 2012 Olympic gold, among other things, so he's not a slouch. :p

#banbestmen

Australian dressage rider Kelly Layne unfortunately had to withdraw from Rio, as her horse will not be fit enough for Rio after injury. :( Layne and Udon had nice story...

“Despite being in full work following a minor injury,” the federation reported, “it was clear to Layne that her horse would not be fit in time for the Games.”

“This horse tries so hard for me and will never quit so I know I am making the right decision for him,” said Kelly, who was on the Australian team at the 2006 World Games and is married to an American. “His work under saddle is remarkable but when we jog him he is clearly uncomfortable and I would never want to jeopardize the best possible team result in Rio,” she said.

Sue Hearn will replace her with horse Remmington, making her Olympic debut at age 60. At least she finally gets a chance to represent Australia at some big competition. :) Very friendly person as you can see in this interview. :d

#banbestmen

14 minutes ago, Mark Chan said:

Hey I have a silly question. They now have 4 members for the Team Dressage instead of 3? thanks for answering in advance.

Yes, it has been changed for Rio. In all team events there are 4 members per team.

#banbestmen