website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dcro

Okay, this is a bit weird. Julie Brougham, who got selected to represent New Zealand in dressage, lied about her age. Her FEI profile was saying that she was born in 80s while in reality she is a 62-year old woman.

"I had tried to keep my age on the down-low, but hey, now I’m an Olympian I may as well embrace it."

http://olympic.org.nz/news/brougham-knocks-todd-from-top-spot/

#banbestmen

35 minutes ago, dcro said:

Okay, this is a bit weird. Julie Brougham, who got selected to represent New Zealand in dressage, lied about her age. Her FEI profile was saying that she was born in 80s while in reality she is a 62-year old woman.

http://olympic.org.nz/news/brougham-knocks-todd-from-top-spot/

It could be a case of FEI making an administrative mistake as well? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

47 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It could be a case of FEI making an administrative mistake as well? 

Well, maybe. Though NZOC also didn't know about her age as they initially thought that Mark Todd will become the oldest Kiwi Olympian (while Brougham is older).

#banbestmen

USA jumping team has been selected.

Lucy Davis (Barron)

Kent Farrington (Voyeur)

Beezie Madden (Cortes 'C')

McLain Ward (Azur)

Laura Kraut and Zeremonie are the reserves. I'm surprised that Lucy Davis and Barron got selected again, not the most reliable combination in the World.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

:TUR

Jumping

Ömer Karaevli (Dadjak ter Puttenen)

Cool, he has lived in the Netherlands from 1993 until April of this year when he got in very serious financial trouble with the tax services. They took two of his trucks to sell and he had a huge debt of several tens of thousands of euros..

Ncie to see he can at least still go to the Olympics :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Cool, he has lived in the Netherlands from 1993 until April of this year when he got in very serious financial trouble with the tax services. They took two of his trucks to sell and he had a huge debt of several tens of thousands of euros..

Oh, really? I didn't know this incident. Also, he has a Dutch wife and two children (a daughter and a son). His father was minister of state in the cabinet of Turgut Özal (1983-1987).

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

At least they didn't take his horses! ;)

#banbestmen