website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

10 minutes ago, hckošice said:

looks like the Eurosport Player platform will end in July, was announced by Eurosport

So everything will be on Discovery from July on? Do you have a source for that? I can't find anything on Italian pages.

21 hours ago, Monzanator said:

It appears the next step for USA is allowing 13 year olds to carry weapons into school at this rate. GOP won't do anything about it and Democrats are too scared to strike down the 2nd Amendment so nothing will change anytime soon :coffee:

Democrats aren't really too scared to do anything about the 2nd Amendment.

But they can't do anything without a filibuster reform. That's where the problem is. Until then, Mitch McConnell will happily let all ideas die before reaching the senate floor. And sadly the more conservative democrats, especially Joe Manchin aren't ready to do anything about the filibuster.

8 minutes ago, Sindo said:

So everything will be on Discovery from July on? Do you have a source for that? I can't find anything on Italian pages.

It´s in Slovak but quite vague

https://zive.aktuality.sk/clanok/KCNm3S1/eurosport-zrusi-eurosport-player-predplatitelia-budu-mat-obsah-k-dispozicii-aj-nadalej/

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Eurosport will cancel Eurosport Player in two months. However, viewers will still be able to watch sports content. :mumble:

In Italy right now you can access Eurosport Player both from eurosportplayer.com and from discoverychannel.it platform. I guess they want all the subriscribers to move to Discovery?

1 minute ago, Sindo said:

Eurosport will cancel Eurosport Player in two months. However, viewers will still be able to watch sports content. :mumble:

In Italy right now you can access Eurosport Player both from eurosportplayer.com and from discoverychannel.it platform. I guess they want all the subriscribers to move to Discovery?

No idea, it is not clarified.

It is also written that the clients (I guess it means subscribers :p will be allowed to follow the content directly on the Eurosport.com site or in the app, no more info though)

4 hours ago, hckošice said:

looks like the Eurosport Player platform will end in July, was announced by Eurosport

Oh that's not good. Although for sure everything will be available on Discovery+ like it has been at least since the Tokyo Olympics. "Eurosport Player will be replaced by Discovery+" has been said for more than a year now, so let's see :p 

Edit: Just checked and everything seems to be on Discovery+ which is on the Player as well, like the full British Superbikes broadcast I'm watching at the moment. It's a shame that - at least here - the only subscription options are Entertainment or Entertainment + Sports (instead of also having a Sports-only subscription), but for €60 per year that's still a steal considering how much I use it (easily 30+ hours a week) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!