website statistics
Jump to content

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat


heywoodu
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just a reminder that cricket, netball & cheese-rolling are only scratching the surface of weird British sports.

 

An ancient 'sport' which sees competitors swipe at each other's legs will finally make a comeback after overcoming the Covid pandemic and health and safety fears.

 

The National Shinkicking Championships in Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, have attracted thousands of spectators since first seeing the light of day in the early 17th century.


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10240921/National-Shinkicking-Championships-makes-comeback.html

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meanwhile in :PRK you are not anymore allowed to wear leather trench coats because his majesty the son of all gods himself imposed a national ban for people to copy his dressing fashion https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-banning-leather-coats-054757484.html

 

Also the guy who was caught smuggling a copy of Squid Games imported from the evil and decadent south will be executed pronto. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/north-korean-student-reportedly-to-be-executed-for-sharing-the-hit-netflix-show-squid-game/PRTSVASO4QZTELVLUYPAF3G6YM/

 

Looks it is still a blessing to be born in this beautiful peacefull country

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Meanwhile in :PRK you are not anymore allowed to wear leather trench coats because his majesty the son of all gods himself imposed a national ban for people to copy his dressing fashion https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-banning-leather-coats-054757484.html

 

Also the guy who was caught smuggling a copy of Squid Games imported from the evil and decadent south will be executed pronto. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/north-korean-student-reportedly-to-be-executed-for-sharing-the-hit-netflix-show-squid-game/PRTSVASO4QZTELVLUYPAF3G6YM/

 

Looks it is still a blessing to be born in this beautiful peacefull country

 

Quote

The punishment was extended to the students' school where teachers and school administrators were fired and faced banishment to work in remote mines.

 

Just remind me to cross 'Being a teacher in North Korea' off of my list of things to do. Always that one annoying student that messes you up and gets you shipped off to a remote mine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

And yet people who live in countries that have always been prosperous, peaceful & law-abiding still vote for Marxist candidates even though :PRK serves as the living monument of a theoretically 100% perfect Marxist country.

Which historically prosperous, peaceful and law-abiding countries have had recent (say, past five years) and actual Marxist candidates? So just making clear that the stereotypical redneck "Democrats are commies!!" nonsense doesn't count :p 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Which historically prosperous, peaceful and law-abiding countries have had recent (say, past five years) and actual Marxist candidates? So just making clear that the stereotypical redneck "Democrats are commies!!" nonsense doesn't count :p 

Germany has just this week installed a predominantly-Marxist government.  You in the Netherlands have a Marxist Socialist Party.  We in :SCO have a governing party that is firmly Marxist. The Corbyn wing (about 40% of the  :GBR  Labour Party is happily Marxist.
 

Of course, modern Marxists do not have luxuriant moustaches, smoke pipes & speak with thick :GEO accents, but they’re still firmly in that tradition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Germany has just this week installed a predominantly-Marxist government.  You in the Netherlands have a Marxist Socialist Party.  We in :SCO have a governing party that is firmly Marxist. The Corbyn wing (about 40% of the  :GBR  Labour Party is happily Marxist.
 

Of course, modern Marxists do not have luxuriant moustaches, smoke pipes & speak with thick :GEO accents, but they’re still firmly in that tradition.

Not sure if you mean the SP, but those are not Marxists. I meant actual Marxists, not "They oppose my view and thus are Marxists".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alec Baldwin claims he didn't fire the shot that killed Halyna Hutchins. I guess he wants to cover his ass because there is a major lawsuit & money to be paid and if they won't find the person who put the live round it will be Baldwin who will have to pay up? As usual with celebs, money loss is bigger threat than a conviction verdict. I mean manslaughter won't even get him to jail but the financial loss would be real.

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2021 at 2:03 AM, Grassmarket said:

Germany has just this week installed a predominantly-Marxist government.  You in the Netherlands have a Marxist Socialist Party.  We in :SCO have a governing party that is firmly Marxist. The Corbyn wing (about 40% of the  :GBR  Labour Party is happily Marxist.
 

Of course, modern Marxists do not have luxuriant moustaches, smoke pipes & speak with thick :GEO accents, but they’re still firmly in that tradition.

In India, we have Communist Party of India, Communist Party of India (Marxist) as mainstream national parties. CPI(M), in alliance with CPI and other parties, even rules the state government in Kerala and is a major player in some other states. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...