website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

No matter what kind of a day you are having, it is not as bad as these people’s.

A Chelsea mansion worth £8.5million has collapsed during mega-basement construction work in the heart of the celebrity-filled suburb. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8908815/Chelsea-mansion-collapses-building-work-create-mega-basement-6m-property.html

Not the first time this has happened.  Most of London is made of soft clay underneath.

22 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

European leaders will probably just watch and wont do anything while innocent citizens lose their lives. 

In these days i feel like we are living in Somalia. Vienna, Paris, Madrid, London... every city in Europe is in danger.I am affraid that Europe already lost this battle.

While i hoped that immigrants would accept our values, it turned out that some of them are extremely millitant and wont settle until they transform Europe in a way they like.

The guy who beheaded the French teacher was from Russia and one of the guys in Vienna was from Macedonia ... not sure how you get Somalia „vibes“ from that. Also not sure what you mean with „Europe already lost“. There are a lot of things that can be done, but no country will ever completely eliminate terrorism.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

The guy who beheaded the French teacher was from Russia and one of the guys in Vienna was from Macedonia ... not sure how you get Somalia „vibes“ from that. Also not sure what you mean with „Europe already lost“. There are a lot of things that can be done, but no country will ever completely eliminate terrorism.

Somalia is a dangerous country in a sense that any person can lose his/her life just by going to school, shop, work. 24/7 there is a constant treat to security. I am finding similarity with Europe. People go to music hall and they lose their lives. Innocent bystander can lose life because of some extremist.

I agree with the second part. At least i hope there is a space for improvement. But reactions from our governments are slow and late so i am not so sure that we will win this fight. 

Living in Europe with permanent treat of terrorism isnt something i expected.

On 03/11/2020 at 20:18, hckosice said:

and yet we are so useless in rugby :lol:

zl6kkapwhsw51.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

How does a tiny country like Slovakia have enough capacities to test all those people on one weekend?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

13 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I find it hilarious the Vienna killer was a detained terrorist who was released from prison because he allegedly possessed no threat to society anymore :lol:

Yeah ... really funny. I am sure all the family members of the victims can’t stop laughing.

14 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Somalia is a dangerous country in a sense that any person can lose his/her life just by going to school, shop, work. 24/7 there is a constant treat to security. I am finding similarity with Europe. People go to music hall and they lose their lives. Innocent bystander can lose life because of some extremist.

I agree with the second part. At least i hope there is a space for improvement. But reactions from our governments are slow and late so i am not so sure that we will win this fight. 

Living in Europe with permanent treat of terrorism isnt something i expected.

How is the situation different in Canada, the US or New Zealand for example?

22 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

To be exact he wasn't russian he was Chechen "Chechen attempts to regain independence in the 1990s after the fall of the Soviet Union have led to the first and the second war with the new Russian state, starting in 1994." they are muslim athnis group who want to become a 
 state and seek for a sharija law'd country