website statistics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!
 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

 

  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

heywoodu

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

Recommended Posts

Sad to hear about the Pakistani Plane Crash. And yet again 22 May being a not so good day. 

 

Today marks 10 years of Mangalore Air crash when 158 people died . That was an utter shock when I got to know it as it's not pretty far from where I live an hour's drive away from the airport. And exactly 10 years later on May 22 another plane crash. Surely this is a cursed day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Barely an hour ago and the worst of the worst kind of scum has already raised it's head online.

 

It's similar to how some (I'd say most) evangelical Christians in Brazil claim that it's part of "God's plan" to punish (often kill) people who are not evangelical Christians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

 

It's similar to how some (I'd say most) evangelical Christians in Brazil claim that it's part of "God's plan" to punish (often kill) people who are not evangelical Christians.

Sometimes I wish “God’s plan” would be sending those people to hell. They’re mainly the only ones who qualify to be there.

  • Like 1

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

 

It's similar to how some (I'd say most) evangelical Christians in Brazil claim that it's part of "God's plan" to punish (often kill) people who are not evangelical Christians.

 

Reminds me of some dude in a strict church here in the Netherlands, saying in his letter (to children!) how this whole coronavirus thing was basically our own fault for making God angry. Right.

 

I'm still glad my only experiences with Brazilian Christians are positive: of course my own girlfriend, and when I was in Brazil and joined her for a church service there, it pretty much all sounded good and fine even for me as a firm non-Christian. It was mainly about how it's important to stay true to yourself and do good not because the Bible says you should, but because you actually want to do so. Like, don't go and help someone because then you get some heaven credits or something, but go and help someone because your honest intention is to help said someone.

 

Of course, that's only one service, but still it was a positive experience :) 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NASA released a satellite photo of my town during the height of our Poppy bloom this spring :wub:

5980F1AA-28C7-451D-84E2-6313681FAA9F.jpeg

Actual photo is in much better quality, but all of the orange in wildflowers. Black squares are our vast solar farms. Our valley is really pretty in March and April, and then pretty much ugly for the rest of the year. We do have some unique topography, as you can tell from this photo. The town is at the bottom right of the picture, and much of it isn’t shown.

  • Love 1

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

NASA released a satellite photo of my town during the height of our Poppy bloom this spring :wub:

5980F1AA-28C7-451D-84E2-6313681FAA9F.jpeg

Actual photo is in much better quality, but all of the orange in wildflowers. Black squares are our vast solar farms. Our valley is really pretty in March and April, and then pretty much ugly for the rest of the year. We do have some unique topography, as you can tell from this photo. The town is at the bottom right of the picture, and much of it isn’t shown.

Fun fact, my town received 10.5 inches of rain this year, which means that we can’t be technically identified as a desert this year.


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2020 at 05:50, Olympian1010 said:

I laughed out loud when I saw this:

671FB4CF-06D7-4C79-A06D-551446B4C36D.jpeg

How do you respond to these accusations @Werloc and @Bearas?

 

I fully expected to see people call out American, Russian, and Chinese fans, but Lithuania was an unexpected surprise :roflmao:

Completely accurate :yes For example: during the broadcasts on Lithuanian TV commentators barely focus on the competition or race, all they do is confirming the poor results of Lithuanian athletes: Yes, Lithuanian marathon runner is indeed in 50+th place....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Great Britain? People who attended London 2012 (as well as many other events) have claimed that those Games have featured some of the most (if not the most) one-sided fans in history. And I can see why.

 

Just compare that to Brazilian fans chanting "Niger! Niger!" in 2016...


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dcro said:

How about Great Britain? People who attended London 2012 (as well as many other events) have claimed that those Games have featured some of the most (if not the most) one-sided fans in history. And I can see why.

 

Just compare that to Brazilian fans chanting "Niger! Niger!" in 2016...

 

Oh Great Britain might be the world's number one in one-sided coverage. Just look at what BBC shits out on our TV's during things like Olympics or world championships.

 

That 'Niger! Niger!' moment was one of my all-time favourite Olympic moments :d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...