website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tests done. Guys, I am proud to announce you that I got my certificate and From today I am officially a Volunteer Firefighter

I lost my mother last week Tuesday. It is literally the most devastating thing to happen to me and tbh I am still in shock/sad.   

Even if you were +10kg, I would love you the same ?   By the way, hello everyone! Thanks to @heywoodu, who convinced me to join the forum, here I am ? I am new on this. So, not used at all w

Posted Images

Unrelated and unaffiliated is all I have to say about that. The 1010 part of my user name is personal, and honestly rather easy to figure out. I’ve never actually another user (anywhere) with 1010 before, so hi @Topicmaster1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same quiz was on TV again, some of the 50 questions for those interested :p 

 

 

1) What is the right way to spell the name of this drink?
A. Tequila
B. Tequilla
C. Tequilia

 

2) What is the name of a supernatural, invisible being, which according to some Islamic scholars can take possession of people?
A. Djinn
B. Fakir
C. Mufti

 

3) Sort these three continents in order, starting with the smallest and ending with the biggest:
Asia
Europe
Africa

 

4) What does a diamond consist of?
A. Quartz
B. Carbon
C. Sand

 

5) Which animal has at least 10 legs?
A. Lobster
B. Ant
C. Spider

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Unrelated and unaffiliated is all I have to say about that. The 1010 part of my user name is personal, and honestly rather easy to figure out. I’ve never actually another user (anywhere) with 1010 before, so hi @Topicmaster1010

Hey!

 

Yeah, I also never saw a person with a username with 1010 in it before you so it was a welcome sight. I can now see how you got the number. 

 

For me, it's actually kind of a funny story. When I was originally creating a number, I wanted to use the numbers of my two favourite baseball players which were 19 and 10 and put them together. However, when I was creating the username for the first time, I accidentally hit 0 instead of 9 so I ended up with 1010 and I've stuck with that ever since. :d

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Same quiz was on TV again, some of the 50 questions for those interested :p 

 

 

1) What is the right way to spell the name of this drink?
A. Tequila
B. Tequilla
C. Tequilia

 

2) What is the name of a supernatural, invisible being, which according to some Islamic scholars can take possession of people?
A. Djinn
B. Fakir
C. Mufti

 

3) Sort these three continents in order, starting with the smallest and ending with the biggest:
Asia
Europe
Africa

 

4) What does a diamond consist of?
A. Quartz
B. Carbon
C. Sand

 

5) Which animal has at least 10 legs?
A. Lobster
B. Ant
C. Spider

 

Speaking of quiz, this reminds me of: :p

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Same quiz was on TV again, some of the 50 questions for those interested :p 

 

 

1) What is the right way to spell the name of this drink?
A. Tequila
B. Tequilla
C. Tequilia

 

2) What is the name of a supernatural, invisible being, which according to some Islamic scholars can take possession of people?
A. Djinn
B. Fakir
C. Mufti

 

3) Sort these three continents in order, starting with the smallest and ending with the biggest:
Asia
Europe
Africa

 

4) What does a diamond consist of?
A. Quartz
B. Carbon
C. Sand

 

5) Which animal has at least 10 legs?
A. Lobster
B. Ant
C. Spider

C, A (I know this some how), (Asia, Africa, Europe), B, A

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

C

 

For the drink question, wtf? :d On TV a shockingly high percentage of people (it's three 'celebrities' and 300 students) thought it was tequilla, some others went for C as well (probably the same people who pronounce the Dutch word for medal totally wrong), but it is of course A :p 

 

I knew the second one simply because I've heard of the term 'djinn' and because I sort of know (or at least have a picture of) what a fakir is, definitely a person, and I know a mufti is some Islamic whatever (authority/scholar/person/fill in the blank) but not an invisible creature or something :p 

 

Europe, Africa, Asia is the correct answer.

 

Carbon was easy I thought and I answered ant because I had no idea about both ant or lobster :d (I knew it wasn't spider)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Does Asia or Europe count Russia?  

  

I assume the criteria for the answer was spliting the country in two parts?

 

They followed what most geographical experts say, I'm assuming, which is putting a majority of Russia in Asia and about a quarter in Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

 

For the drink question, wtf? :d On TV a shockingly high percentage of people (it's three 'celebrities' and 300 students) thought it was tequilla, some others went for C as well (probably the same people who pronounce the Dutch word for medal totally wrong), but it is of course A :p 

 

I knew the second one simply because I've heard of the term 'djinn' and because I sort of know (or at least have a picture of) what a fakir is, definitely a person, and I know a mufti is some Islamic whatever (authority/scholar/person/fill in the blank) but not an invisible creature or something :p 

 

Europe, Africa, Asia is the correct answer.

 

Carbon was easy I thought and I answered ant because I had no idea about both ant or lobster :d (I knew it wasn't spider)

Okay the drink question surprises me, and I live in a place where it’s extremely popular.

 

The continent question is fucking stupid. What counts as Asia, and what counts as Europe. It’s the same god damn continent, except that classic Europeans scholars were xenophobic, and thought they were the center of the world.

 

Lobster is pretty common in the US, so I can get a pretty good mental picture of one.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...