website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

2 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Where do we go, where do we go, guns n roses meu GIF

They did continue to make music after the 80s by the way...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Things are slowly getting back to "normal" (if we can call it normal) here and the internet is getting connected slowly in some cities which wasn't involved in the protests. not for me though, I'm still using my tricks and where I live (which is usually a very quiet neighborhood) will be one of the last places to get reconnected. but I assume it will happen tomorrow or Saturday.

it's 5 days (and still counting) without the global internet (only access to local websites) I watched lots of TV channels, (I have most of major international news channels, BBC, CNN, Euronews) and they didn't cover much about this. but now with the internet getting connected again, I assume we will see more of horrible videos. I had seen those kind of protests in Iran twice (2009 and 2017) but this one was really violent, from both sides.but of course only one side had guns and they were brutal at least in some cities. For the first time in my life I didn't leave the house when I wanted because it wasn't safe outside, I think it was Sunday or Monday.

These scars will remain for a long time and those in power should learned by now they are not facing peaceful protesters like 2009 (or as we call it 88) and since the economical situation won't get any better because of the sanctions we will see more in future. actually what happened this week (including the internet shutdown) cost country a lot financially and made things worse. but who cares, dictators want to remain in power at any cost. but the biggest loser here is Rouhani himself. people voted for him hoping he is different but in a situation like this he showed his true color.

btw politics in Iran is a dead end, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I really can't see a solution, maybe only when "this guy" dies the whole system changes since there is nobody to replace him (at least not right now)

6 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

It’s just like how you make a left turn and stay on the right side :d 

Not if you make three rights to get where your going :p.

That works well in my city because our streets from a compete grid.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

:d

No, seriously I can not just get how you can turn the car on the right turn and keep staying on the left side :d

This whole thing confused the flying fuck out of me when I went cycling in England :hairpull: 

Although I must say we got used to it after a day or two.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

32 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Things are slowly getting back to "normal" (if we can call it normal) here and the internet is getting connected slowly in some cities which wasn't involved in the protests. not for me though, I'm still using my tricks and where I live (which is usually a very quiet neighborhood) will be one of the last places to get reconnected. but I assume it will happen tomorrow or Saturday.

it's 5 days (and still counting) without the global internet (only access to local websites) I watched lots of TV channels, (I have most of major international news channels, BBC, CNN, Euronews) and they didn't cover much about this. but now with the internet getting connected again, I assume we will see more of horrible videos. I had seen those kind of protests in Iran twice (2009 and 2017) but this one was really violent, from both sides.but of course only one side had guns and they were brutal at least in some cities. For the first time in my life I didn't leave the house when I wanted because it wasn't safe outside, I think it was Sunday or Monday.

These scars will remain for a long time and those in power should learned by now they are not facing peaceful protesters like 2009 (or as we call it 88) and since the economical situation won't get any better because of the sanctions we will see more in future. actually what happened this week (including the internet shutdown) cost country a lot financially and made things worse. but who cares, dictators want to remain in power at any cost. but the biggest loser here is Rouhani himself. people voted for him hoping he is different but in a situation like this he showed his true color.

btw politics in Iran is a dead end, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I really can't see a solution, maybe only when "this guy" dies the whole system changes since there is nobody to replace him (at least not right now)

Again: there's not much to say but good luck, and also thanks for the small insights in the situation which are otherwise rather hard to get..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!