website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

2 minuty temu, MHSN napisał:

the Iran economy was never based on tax, it was based on oil money, now that doesn't exist anymore because of the sanctions, they have to put more pressure on the people (which was already under pressure) to make up for that.

gasoline price was always a sensitive matter here. probably more than anything else in the economy. when they take such risk that means Iran is getting ready for another 4 years of Trump.

Maybe electric cars? 

4 minutes ago, monte88 said:

Maybe electric cars? 

not possible, no company in Iran can make that happen in a short term program.

and if you are thinking why not importing, that's also impossible, Iran can't even import medicine or food again because of the sanctions.

Just now, MHSN said:

not possible, no company in Iran can make that happen in a short term program.

and if you are thinking why not importing, that's also impossible, Iran can't even import medicine or food again because of the sanctions.

Or bullets for sports shooters, as you've taught us this week...

I really hope these sanctions will be at the very least eased soon (I don't think so, but I do hope so).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I really hope these sanctions will be at the very least eased soon (I don't think so, but I do hope so).

Unfortunately, that is true. The sanctions (at least the US imposed ones) will stay in place until at least 2021.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

or anything else right now. the USA is trying to build another North Korea by sanctioning everything from diapers to even pet food !! the only difference is Iran has long and uncontrolled borders with so many countries and things get smuggled in, but just with higher prices.

one thing is for sure, things can't stay this way for a long time, it will lead to a war unless one side gives up. and I'm almost sure that won't be Iran. giving up is just not an Iranian thing.

meanwhile we will see more people trying to leave the country and Europe should be ready, Iran's population is more than Syria, Yemen and Iraq combined.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

meanwhile we will see more people trying to leave the country and Europe should be ready, Iran's population is more than Syria, Yemen and Iraq combined.

But that ain't happening. There's already a ton of problems around places where refugees are staying ('asylum centers', not sure it's correct in English), I doubt Europe will actually be ready for more. 

For everyone's sake, at the moment specifically that of the Iranians, I hope some miracle happens.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, monte88 said:

Hillary should be president. Everything is the Trump's fault. 

Not sure Hilary would be great, but even a dead monkey would be better than Trump, so yeah..

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But that ain't happening. There's already a ton of problems around places where refugees are staying ('asylum centers', not sure it's correct in English), I doubt Europe will actually be ready for more. 

For everyone's sake, at the moment specifically that of the Iranians, I hope some miracle happens.

then Europe should stop being USA's pet and try doing something real about it beside just talking or playing good cop bad cop role. otherwise they have to deal with this later. that's inevitable it doesn't matter if Europe wants it or not. it will happen.

right now the miracle USA is hoping for is to install this group in Iran ! no kidding, and if you think this article is exaggerated you are wrong. this is the Iranian version if ISIS with absolutely no support (I mean 0%) inside the country but with lots of support and LOVE they are getting from some western countries specially from people around Trump.

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-50339928

23 minutes ago, monte88 said:

Hillary should be president. Everything is the Trump's fault. 

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not sure Hilary would be great, but even a dead monkey would be better than Trump, so yeah..

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela