website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Good to see 'evidence' that it's not just some urban myth or exaggerating thing when people say one can easily feel it as soon as one crosses the border into Belgium by car, the roads really go from excellent to bad in a matter of minutes when driving :lol: 

Imagine crossing from Croatia to Bosnia and Herzegovina then. :whistle:

#banbestmen

More than a week ago, a woman was found drifting around the island of Krk with a bloody face. She suffered amnesia and was speaking English when someone found her.

And today it was found out that she is a tourist from Slovakia. @hckošice It would be interesting to find more info on this.

It would be pretty awkward if she was not travelling alone. :p

#banbestmen

19 minutes ago, dcro said:

More than a week ago, a woman was found drifting around the island of Krk with a bloody face. She suffered amnesia and was speaking English when someone found her.

And today it was found out that she is a tourist from Slovakia. @hckošice It would be interesting to find more info on this.

It would be pretty awkward if she was not travelling alone. :p

I heard about it for the first time this morning on the radio, apparently she is a former jewel maker who lived and worked in America for many years. Nothing really interesting really, maybe just that she will have huge problem when she will return to Slovakia, since she apparently on purpose threw her sim card before leaving SVK, to avoid the mandatory 14 days quarantine after returning from Croatia lol, dumbo antivaxers :lol:

https://www.tvnoviny.sk/zahranicne/2039438_chorvatska-policia-potvrdila-ze-najdena-zena-je-slovenka-jej-sperky-nosili-viacere-hviezdy

https://www.tvnoviny.sk/zahranicne/2039353_v-chorvatsku-nasli-dezorientovanu-zenu-ozvala-sa-citatelka-ktora-tvrdi-ze-ide-o-slovenku

• 2 weeks later...

Of course the logical solution would be to have two categories, a defined category for Women & an Open category for everyone else. But i doubt that logical solutions are what the gender lobby are trying to attain.

Transgender athletes have an unfair advantage in female sports and a new 'universal' category should be introduced for them, a major review has suggested. 

The report, from Sport England, concluded that trans women have an advantage in some sports, even when testosterone levels have been reduced.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/58732146

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Just searching in the far depths of my kitchen cupboard just now and have found a treasure trove of unused C90 cassettes!  Good ones too - TDK.  :old:

And just in time for the ski season! I used to tape WC races on them (until after Vancouver). :rolleyes:

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

And just in time for the ski season! I used to tape WC races on them (until after Vancouver). :rolleyes:

Audio cassettes though.  As it happens I was in a discussion on another board recently about VHS tapes. Consensus is that they are only still watchable if you have a CRT TV.  Because of the way modern HD digital sets automatically try to upscale degraded images though, they look even worse than they did back in the day.