website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

19 hours ago, Dragon said:

A terrible story from the 1970s

Like the rigth has the AAA who make killings, the left have Montoneros and ERP which did exactly the same, being in "comunist groups" werent an inocent fact.

38 minutes ago, Vektor said:

From Reddit, all men's Olympic gold medal winners since 2000 in water polo were born in this area. :d

5r0v1kczler61.jpg

Nice to have also a guy born in SVK (TCH)  with Istvan (Štefan :p) Gergely 2 times Olympic champion 2004 & 2008, funny, he represented Slovakia (basically was the man who qualified us there) in Sydney 2000, so he should be the only athlete who finished in both dead last and first place in a team sport at the Olympics during his career :p

27 minutes ago, hckošice said:

so he should be the only athlete who finished in both dead last and first place in a team sport at the Olympics during his career :p

Thanks, now I really want to know the answer to this :lol: 

Oh @Dragon!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

36 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

The voice of a generation of kids, heard all around the world! The man, the myth, the legend! 

That passion just brings me way back

It took me so long (until last year I think) to realize that it's "(t)each Pokémon to understand" and not "to Alakazam" :d 

That sentence made so much more sense with 'to understand' at the end :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I thought that it would be neat to count which nations won the most gold medals at the Summer Games when a Hungarian won the silver meldal. In other words, which nations "beat us to the gold". Here are the disciplines where at least one nation beat us more than one time:

(I counted the Soviet medals as Russian, and the Yugoslav medals as Serbian, and I also combined all the German medals)

Artistic Gymnastics :ROU  :RUS 4
Athletics :RUS 3
Canoe Sprint :GER 12
Fencing :RUS 6
Modern Pentathlon :RUS 4
Swimming :USA 10
Weightlifting :RUS 5
Wrestling :RUS 5

And the overall count:

33 - :RUS

19 - :GER

13 - :USA

11 - :ITA

8 - :ROU  :SWE 

6 - :FIN

5 - :GBR  :POL

3 - :CZE  :FRA 

2 - :AUS  :CHN  :DEN  :JPN  :KOR  :TUR

1 - :BRA  :CUB  :GEO  :GRE  :IRI  :LTU  :NOR  :SGP

And now to do the opposite, which nations won the the silver medal when we won the gold, per discipline and then the overall count: 

Artistic Gymnastics :RUS 4
Canoe Sprint :GER 9
Fencing :ITA 14
Modern Pentathlon :RUS 4
Shooting :USA 2
Swimming :USA 9
Water Polo :SRB 4
Wrestling :RUS 9

28 - :RUS

21 - :GER

20 - :ITA

17 - :USA

7 - :GBR

6 - :POL  :SRB

5 - :FRA  :SWE

3 - :BUL  :CZE  :FIN  :ROU  :SUI

2 - :ARG  :AUT  :CHN  :DEN  :GRE  :JPN  :NED

1 - :AUS  :CAN  :CUB  :ESP  :EST  :IRI  :LAT  :LBN  :MDA  :MEX  :POR  :PRK  :RSA  :SLO  :UKR

So it looks like Italy can hate us the most for beating them 20 times while they "only" beat us 11 times. This is mostly thanks to the Hungarian men's sabre team who dominated the event for many decades, and most of time Italy was the runner-up. 

That's all nice and well from the local fishermen, but are they proposing an alternative as well or what?

Meanwhile in Great Britain, Prince Philip has died at the age of 99.