website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Yesterday a new Dutch TV program started: Marble Mania, I'm sure you can all guess what it's about :p 

1.4 million viewers, which is very, very big for a new show at that time slot (20.30h). Not a fan of the whole commercial aspect after it was a fun little obscure thing online for years, but alright. The 'creator', John de Mol, wants to turn it into an international hit, just like he already did with Big Brother and The Voice.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yesterday a new Dutch TV program started: Marble Mania, I'm sure you can all guess what it's about :p 

1.4 million viewers, which is very, very big for a new show at that time slot (20.30h). Not a fan of the whole commercial aspect after it was a fun little obscure thing online for years, but alright. The 'creator', John de Mol, wants to turn it into an international hit, just like he already did with Big Brother and The Voice.

Yeah, the Netherlands are like the Classical Athens of trash television.

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What is it about?

17 hours ago, Federer91 said:

What is it about?

Marbles. Because hype.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Today is the International Holocaust day (today in 1945 Auschwitz camp was liberated) and I think it is a good to platform to remember the victims of one’s of the most dark time in human history for us Olympic fans and sport fans there are medal winners among those who were brutally Murdered , may they rest in Peace and may we never witness anything like this ever again

Remembered and never forgotten 

8 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Today is the International Holocaust day (today in 1945 Auschwitz camp was liberated) and I think it is a good to platform to remember the victims of one’s of the most dark time in human history for us Olympic fans and sport fans there are medal winners among those who were brutally Murdered , may they rest in Peace and may we never witness anything like this ever again

Remembered and never forgotten 

Our friends over at Olympedia have done some research on this.

Here’s a list of those killed in concentration camps: http://www.olympedia.org/lists/3/manual

Here’s a list of those who survived: http://www.olympedia.org/lists/4/manual

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela