website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

Anyone else annoyed by Eurosport constantly showing Froome running up the hill without a bike (which is illegal)?

I have seen a lot of scandals, robberies, blatant rigging and whatnot, but that is the most outrageous rule cheating in any sport. They even rewarded him in the end....

It's 2 January and so it's happy birthday to Kane Tanaka, the third ever person in history verified to reach the rather respectable age of 118 years :cheer::cheer: 

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20210102/k10012793571000.html

For a 118-year old she looks rather...lively :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 hours ago, dcro said:

Anyone else annoyed by Eurosport constantly showing Froome running up the hill without a bike (which is illegal)?

Being annoyed by Eurosport's way to fill the commercials with other things than commercials (those 'best of Giro 2019' things and so on) is my default reaction when they're on :p 

It's like they have four different ones and will play those for the entire year.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Being annoyed by Eurosport's way to fill the commercials with other things than commercials (those 'best of Giro 2019' things and so on) is my default reaction when they're on :p 

It's like they have four different ones and will play those for the entire year.

I know! They have (or used to have) such a big library of events through out the years (decades) and they always air the same things over and over, into oblivion. 

I remember a few years back, there was a canceled stage on Dakar and on the nightly highlights episode, they showed some of the greatest moment from the Rally going back to the 80s. To this day it is one of the most amazing sporting stuff i had ever seen. I am still angry that i couldn't record it then, or can find it now...

I don't know why these TVs never cherish their histories and programming. Even in the Covid year, where there was no sport, it was still the same last flavor repeats on a loop..  

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I know! They have (or used to have) such a big library of events through out the years (decades) and they always air the same things over and over, into oblivion. 

I remember a few years back, there was a canceled stage on Dakar and on the nightly highlights episode, they showed some of the greatest moment from the Rally going back to the 80s. To this day it is one of the most amazing sporting stuff i had ever seen. I am still angry that i couldn't record it then, or can find it now...

I don't know why these TVs never cherish their histories and programming. Even in the Covid year, where there was no sport, it was still the same last flavor repeats on a loop..  

I believe they used to have some short Watts in between the commercials (apart from the regular Watts broadcasts), but that has totally disappeared :( 

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I believe they used to have some short Watts in between the commercials (apart from the regular Watts broadcasts), but that has totally disappeared :( 

Ahh, yes, another tragic loss. I believe, when Discovery bought Eurosport they completely ditched them. 

We had a tradition, on New Years Eve, when they only showed WATTS the whole day/night, our party would always manage to sneak some WATTS watching in the late hours for fun. Even 2 days ago, a friend asked me "What, there is no Watts this year too.. That's a shame" 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, rybak said:

10 Nepalese people reached peak of K2. First time in history that someone reached peak of K2 at winter :bowdown:

This is the last peak over 8000m to be summited in the winter. It’s a huge symbolic win/achievement for Nepal. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela