website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

34 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Spoiler

33646246-8775233-image-m-37_160111393050

It is believed that a break in one of the vats caused the explosion of wine 

That is some top-notch journalism :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The Pittsburgh annual Slovak heritage festival for our citizens and people of Slovak descent in USA will be this year only virtual :(

https://preview.redd.it/5hvdtxpqdxp51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=a43c792681646a4711731d7fbfb153da70e96e38

btw @Olympian1010 look what they released. (anyway, it would be cool, if they somehow try to update a bit :lol:)

119719539_3348597668566689_4578051193620

16 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So, there are more people in America, than in actual Slovakia :p :d I guess we have that in common. 

And Pennsylvania already had back then twice as many inhabitants then the second largest city of the country Košice has today :lol:

anyway this always remind me of this video

@hckosice Huh, I didn’t think California would be #4 in terms of Slovak diaspora. That map definitely needs an update though. A LOT has changed since 1990 :p

To be honest, I don’t know of a culture that isn’t represented in California. Maybe a smaller country like San Marino or Eswatini perhaps...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

And Pennsylvania already had back then twice as many inhabitants then the second largest city of the country Košice has today :lol:

anyway this always remind me of this video

So basically Angelina Jolie is Slovak-Dutch. Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with American, you know, being born there and all :d 

Else I might have to refer to myself as French-German-Belgian-whoknows if I go back far enough :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

So basically Angelina Jolie is Slovak-Dutch. Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with American, you know, being born there and all :d 

Else I might have to refer to myself as French-German-Belgian-whoknows if I go back far enough :p 

Part of the millions-strong Burgundian diaspora.

yeah, obviously I don´t consider her slovak at all just to be clear. I don´t believe that about the majority of the people mentioned in this video :d

But, you know, the fact is that her grandfather (Jon Voight father) was actually Slovak (from Košice) so she she may have a tiny piece of Slovak blood in her :p

Tamira Paszek - herself Chilean-Austrian-Polish-French-Tanzanian-Kenyan-Canadian-Indian - is hardly impressed. :evil:

#banbestmen