website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Fingers crossed for everything going well, but thanks to a new set of rules introduced last week - specifically about people in a long-distance relationship with someone from outside the EU - a certain Brazilian Totallympian might be arriving here Tuesday morning next week (!) instead of somewhere at Christmas or even later :yikes: 

The ticket is booked, we're now working on the letter that declares we do indeed have a relationship longer than three months (which we have to sign and brings serious legal trouble if they found out you're lying, which we obviously are not), which she'll have to show when entering the country.

Again, fingers crossed. Five days ago the question was if we'd even see each other this year or only next year, now she has a ticket to arrive in less than a week :d Let us wait and hope :d 

and how someone prove that they are in relationship longer than 3 months? :d

1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

and how someone prove that they are in relationship longer than 3 months? :d

'Proving' it is always relative of course, but I think we've got plenty of things that are enough to not make anyone doubt: several years of Facebook posts (yes, that counts), plenty of evidence of having gone to places and events together (like tickets and photos of tennis and volleyball tournaments), flight tickets, many, many photos in the Netherlands, Brazil and several countries where she's had competitions, even official results of the half marathon we ran together last year (including photos) where we finished in the same second. If that's not enough yet, they can easily look at online forums (like here) where it has been pretty clear for quite a while. Besides, plenty of people can provide backup if needed, ranging from (former) colleagues of mine to international biathletes (including from the World Cup), who are friends of her and have also met me (introduced as her boyfriend), and so on.

They're really not going to spend a lot of time investigating a story where everything checks out (because it is actually true), just for the 0,001% chance of catching a fraud, whereas other people who - unlike us - really do try to fool them are often way easier to catch.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

39 minut temu, MHSN napisał:

well I just went to the next block buying something wearing a mask, that's the longest distance I can go these days. does it count ? :d

I had similar entertainment in March and April. Generally, I can recommend it to anyone :p.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

well I just went to the next block buying something wearing a mask, that's the longest distance I can go these days. does it count ? :d

Depends, did you have to bring your passport and go through security checks? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 21/07/2020 at 11:33, DaniSRB said:

Anyone is travelling somewhere? :d

Am currently in Bruges, Belgium Normally one of Europe’s busiest towns.  This year it’s different....

:BEL 70% are Belgians, Europe’s Leper Colony: here because no-one else will let them go anywhere

:NED 20%, most stocking up on  crates of good beer

:FRA & :GER 9%

:GBR Me

All slavdom: 2 Russians I showed how to open the Swimming Pool door (« Карточка номера надо! »)

:AUS :CAN :CHN :JPN :KOR:USA: 0%.  Literally don’t think I’ve seen a single one.

Does anyone know the names of the Olympic Channel/OBS commentators? There’s one in particular I’m interested in. He does a lot of the multi sports games commentary.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

58 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Does anyone know the names of the Olympic Channel/OBS commentators? There’s one in particular I’m interested in. He does a lot of the multi sports games commentary.

I'd also like to know the names, especially 'that guy'