website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I could prevent that by locking text/audio channels when we’re not watching events as a community.

I would lock text too, keep it audio only. We already have Totallympics for text :p 

I mean, on Totallympics - if you don't click Submit Reply - you only need one button more (Tab + Enter) to enter your message than on most chat programs (Enter, I assume).

Don't get it like I'm trying to shoot down an idea by the way, I do think it'd be fun for audio every now and then, but it has it's dangers for the forum as a whole if we're not careful.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I would lock text too, keep it audio only. We already have Totallympics for text :p 

I mean, on Totallympics - if you don't click Submit Reply - you only need one button more (Tab + Enter) to enter your message than on most chat programs (Enter, I assume).

Don't get it like I'm trying to shoot down an idea by the way, I do think it'd be fun for audio every now and then, but it has it's dangers for the forum as a whole if we're not careful.

I could absolutely lock it to audio only. I think it would be fun to watch events with y’all. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Indonesia suppressing West Papua again, North Korea blowing their diplomatic office with the South, China and India fighting over a territory where the people don’t want to live in either of their countries, a shooting in a Texas mall, British tourists spreading disease on a Pacific island; I’m glad to see the world is finally returning to normal.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Indonesia suppressing West Papua again, North Korea blowing their diplomatic office with the South, China and India fighting over a territory where the people don’t want to live in either of their countries, a shooting in a Texas mall, British tourists spreading disease on a Pacific island; I’m glad to see the world is finally returning to normal.

Not just Papua, now everyone criticizing the government in COVID-19 response is secretly handled. Just a few days ago a stand-up comedian also got caught in this problem

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Don't forget French Dijon, where Chechens and Maghreb youth are being...rather violent towards each other these past few days.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

49 minutes ago, konig said:

104432869_10217855579957180_5013328987915462726_n.jpg

The use of “beated” distracts me from the rest of this meme.

I do love the Space Jam shirt though. Space Jam :wub::bowdown: