website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

I'm really curious to see this year's April Fool's Day stories from the media. I assume there will be two approaches. Stay away from anything related to the coronavirus pandemic, or something related to the coronavirus pandemic which can either go okay/well or real bad. 

Edited by Wumo

2 hours ago, Wumo said:

I'm really curious to see this year's April Fool's Day stories from the media. I assume there will be two approaches. Stay away from anything related to the coronavirus pandemic, or something related to the coronavirus pandemic which can either go okay/well or real bad. 

I'm hoping for the latter. Forcefully avoiding it is just...meh, and meanwhile most tough times do need a bit of humor to get through it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I was today years old when I learned that the Paraguayan flag has different symbols on the front and back sides :yikes:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

These times can make some people do unusual things. 

A man in Denmark ran a marathon around his house. The man ran 422 times around his house on a 100 meter route.

https://tv2-dk-clips.secure.footprint.net/vod/flex/bd4a1400-f05b-4692-b3cd-0ea47aee0a87.mp4
"I had a click counter in my hand so I could keep track on how many laps I had run. And after all, there was the possibility of depots and toilets for every lap. It is rare that there are 422 depots and 844 toilets for a marathon with only one runner", says the man. 

The man denies that the garden has suffered any severe damage by the 422 laps, but he admits the neighbors have probably shaken their heads. "But they know me and my crazy ideas", he says. 

Here's how it looked on his GPS-watch:

Spoiler

ccd22458-9038-4a90-8773-6d968722c481.jpg

I feel @heywoodu and @Agger would be ready to do this, right? :d

Edited by Wumo

43 minutes ago, Wumo said:

A man in Denmark ran a marathon around his house. The man ran 422 times around his house on a 100 meter route.

https://tv2-dk-clips.secure.footprint.net/vod/flex/bd4a1400-f05b-4692-b3cd-0ea47aee0a87.mp4
"I had a click counter in my hand so I could keep track on how many laps I had run. And after all, there was the possibility of depots and toilets for every lap. It is rare that there are 422 depots and 844 toilets for a marathon with only one runner", says the man. 

The man denies that the garden has suffered any severe damage by the 422 laps, but he admits the neighbors have probably shaken their heads. "But they know me and my crazy ideas", he says. 

Reveal hidden contents

That's nothing ;) :

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/23/world/balcony-marathon-trnd/index.html

1 hour ago, Wumo said:

Reveal hidden contents

I could probably get a 50-60 meter lap in the garden, but most of it would be over grass and I'd definitely pull a big line of damage on the grass which is not the best idea :d 

I could also just use the driveway next to the grass which is 50 meters (let's say 45 since I don't turn exactly at the 'wall' of course), but then it would really be a matter of running back and forth. We are actually sort of planning to set up a shuttle run test for fun :d 

So far running outside is still allowed luckily, and since being allowed to go out is important for the health of the general population I doubt that'll change, but if it does, I'm definitely going to try a garden run.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!