website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

4 minutes ago, Rdbc said:

Unfortunately don't have them :(

:(

Hopefully someone else can pull through, but it is it what it is.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Em 02/03/2020 em 17:27, heywoodu disse:

The combination of the two provinces of South and North Holland :p 

For those who don't have anything better to do for 4 minutes or so, this explains it pretty well (including a quick mention of the black gold that is hagelslag, @brunamoura)

This video can be helpful for my studies for the Visa ?

Also... Hagelslag! ???

22 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Real doozy of a request here, but did anyone happen to save/keep/download to desktop/drive/thumbdrive the PDF results from the 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games? I’m able to get some stuff off of the way back machine, but it’s really enough to consider the job anywhere near done. I’m hoping the likes of @mrv86 @Rdbc or anyone else can help me out here. If you don’t have them, but may know someone who does, or could give me access to them, I’d be all ears to that as well. 

My collection of multi-sports games results is coming along nicely. I only collect results from 2008-current (because 2008 is when I first realized these events where a thing, plus PDF technology before that leaves quite a few things to be desired at this point). This is the last “hole” I need to fill in 2018. Currently I have about 48 games worth of complete PDF results. There’s still quite a few results I’d love to have, but that I don’t have any means of obtaining. I’m always open to donations (because I do really want to keep a record for everyone, even if I haven’t found the best way to post them yet). 

Probably CACSO will upload them at some point, just like they did with the ones from Veracruz in 2014

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Probably CACSO will upload them at some point, just like they did with the ones from Veracruz in 2014

Yeah, I just prefer the other format, so that’s why I asked.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I’ve really grown to hate international federations, and multi-sports games organizing committees. If I reach out with a request to 10 separate federations/committees, I might get a response from 1. It’s not like I’m ever asking huge, hard favors either. The only requests I make are: where can I find the qualification documents for “X”, where can I find the results for “X”, do you anything about “X”. It’s so frustrating! 

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve really grown to hate international federations, and multi-sports games organizing committees. If I reach out with a request to 10 separate federations/committees, I might get a response from 1. It’s not like I’m ever asking huge, hard favors either. The only requests I make are: where can I find the qualification documents for “X”, where can I find the results for “X”, do you anything about “X”. It’s so frustrating! 

Welcome to my everyday. 

Around 5 hours in the hospital, what a waste of time ??‍♀️

14 days after coming back from Italy, I started to show symptoms of a strong flu. For me, just a coincidence, considering that I had trained hard intervals under strong rain here in my city (so, "this flu probably came because of that and not the coronavirus").

I had all symptoms, except for fever and this was the main reason I didn't go to the hospital earlier. In the hospital here, doesn't matter if you've been in Europe or China, any infected country and you have the symptoms of coronavirus. If you have no fever, you can't even be tested. So, I knew it would have been a waste of time (I was so right!)

Today I decided to go to the hospital for two reasons - I am getting worse (last night I couldn't sleep before 4:30am due to the pain in my chest while breathing) and this morning my dad suddenly had some symptoms of flu (including fever).

In the hospital I explained my situation, the nurses asked me to put a mask on, I was classified as danger/priority and was sent to a doctor's room.

Well, she (the doctor) examined my throat and the sounds of my breathing (lungs) and heartbeat. Due to what she heard, I needed to get inhalation and due to the inflammation in my throat I needed to get an injection (painful, I couldn't walk for some minutes ??),

X-ray of my chest (showing a inflammation in my lungs - not so bad, but I have to take care of), blood and urine exams (which results prove that I have an infection). Still, the doctor was not allowed to send me to do the exam for coronavirus because I have no fever ??‍♀️ she tried to convince the boss of the hospital because she wasn't accepting to send me home without checking what is going on with me (her words "it's visible this is not just a normal flu, the symptoms started exactly 14 days after coming back from North Italy and she has all symptoms except just for fever. We should test her"). I am happy she was worried about me, it shows that at least some people in that hospital love their jobs, not just the money. Anyway, her request was refused "because I don't fit in the criterias of the state's government so the hospital is not allowed to test me".

I imagine how many people may be in the same situation as me in the state of São Paulo (who knows also other states) just because the government of the state doesn't want to make the number of suspected and positive cases higher ?

My dad went to the hospital later today. He had fever, so maybe he would be tested. But guess what? No... The doctor who examined him (another one) didn't even look at his face. He sent my dad for an injection for the fever and for an exam for Dengue ??‍♀️

I am already 4 days without training and the doctor asked me to take medicines (I have a long list) and rest :(

As an athlete and having the first stage of the Brazilian Rollerski Circuit coming next week, I am really not happy with "having to rest". But I have no other option because last time I tried to train, it was hard to breathe and my chest was hurting like about to explode by so much pressure, even though it was a slow pace.

I notified someone from my federation about it and said that I am not sure I can entry for the races next week (for my health and also for the safety of the other athletes) and I was told that I should entry and race anyway because otherwise I could get in "one more trouble" with the federation.

??

Conclusion: we will never know, but, I hope it's just a strong flu.

Also, in advance, I don't promise any great results in the races next week, sorry.

20200306_164458.jpg

@brunamoura man, that sucks. You’re use of emojis really made me laugh though. I think I’ve inferred what “??” meant, but I’ll keep that to myself. I hope you feel better soon, but you should absolutely take your health 100% seriously. I also get the “government not wanting to make their numbers higher argument.” Trump won’t let people off a cruise ship to be treated in California, since he “likes where the numbers are now.l” ?

8 horas atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

@brunamoura man, that sucks. You’re use of emojis really made me laugh though. I think I’ve inferred what “??” meant, but I’ll keep that to myself. I hope you feel better soon, but you should absolutely take your health 100% seriously. I also get the “government not wanting to make their numbers higher argument.” Trump won’t let people off a cruise ship to be treated in California, since he “likes where the numbers are now.l” ?

??

I promise I didn't mean something bad with "??", it was like "the federation says 'banana to you, athletes. Our marketing matters more". But I got it and, yeah, maybe it could mean both ??

Thank you very much :)

I will take my rest serious, specially today that I still have pain from the injection and finding a position to sleep was a hard challenge. Walking a lot is not in my plans for today...

This thing with the governments (from all over the world) is so ridiculous... There will always be something that they do for their good instead of thinking about the population. About São Paulo and USA, I still can't believe that Doria and Trump won the elections. I hope this changes next time.