website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I believe a Polish author won the Nobel Literature Prize. The peace prize will be announced tomorrow.

Ah, like most of the Nobel Literature Prize winners I've never heard of the person :p 

Well congratulations to the author (and his family and friends).

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Przed chwilą, heywoodu napisał:

Ah, like most of the Nobel Literature Prize winners I've never heard of the person :p 

Well congratulations to the author (and his family and friends).

Not many people in Poland yet, who have heard about the Polish woman today. Today, however, as they announced her winning, all books went to mik.

14 minut temu, TomJa napisał:

Not many people in Poland yet, who have heard about the Polish woman today. Today, however, as they announced her winning, all books went to mik.

Where do you live? the whole country is talking about it. Thanks for the congrats ;)

This annoys me. I'm doing WADA's online ADeL ALPHA course (about doping) and there's some characters in there to set the stories and so on. Now there's this one.

fenT5gV.png

"Downhill skier", ugh. It's alpine skiing or freestyle skiing (or any other form of skiing), downhill is only an event within alpine sk....oh wait, MOGULS?! Oh come on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The Prime Minster of Ethiopia has won the 100th Nobel Peace Prize for helping to end his countries conflict with Eritrea after he took office. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela