website statistics

What are your 5 best Football World Cup Finals ever?

thepharoah

On 07/04/2020 at 11:21, heywoodu said:

2018 is definitely up there, six goals in a World Cup final :cheer: 2014 and especially 2010 were top-notch snoozefests, 2010 only stayed interesting for me because of the teams in it :p  I don't remember 2006 being interesting apart from Zidane being a pathetic little moron and 2002 and before that were too early for me to have watched :d 

Interesting, i have more memories of the 2002 final, than the ones from 2014 and 2018. :d 

2006 was definitely the best one of the century for me, and as a whole best World Cup, that i have watched. Not counting 1994 of course :d, which i have seen on repeats so many times.  

On 07/04/2020 at 14:03, MHSN said:

I watched lots of recorded matches from WCs but they never leave a memony, so I limit myself only to those I watched live. (which means from 1994) and I think the word "best" is relative. this is the list of my memorable WC matches and not finals

2. 1994 Bulgaria vs Germany

I like your taste :d

Interesting fact, Germany before this match, were undefeated at a WC since 1986 and were always in the 1/2 since 1982.  

Each WC final have something special so it's difficult to make a top 5. I would say that all finals are great just because we have the opportunity to see it only once in four years.

hace 30 minutos, Federer91 dijo:

Interesting fact, Germany before this match, were undefeated at a WC since 1986   

I don't think that's too interesting :p it's pretty much normal for most champion teams... France will be undefeated in world cups since 2014 until they lose to someone in 2022. And so on with every champion team except for ex. Spain 2010 who lost a match in the same WC they won.

Edited by LDOG

22 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Interesting fact, Germany before this match, were undefeated at a WC since 1986 and were always in the 1/2 since 1982.  

i think Bulgaria defeating Germany 3-0 could be the biggest surprise ever of the WC , because Germany is an icon of WC , WC holders at days were the WC holders were a team that everybody fears , bulgaria was a very small nation in football and actually Bulgaria did a miracle in the qualifications to qualify , France needed only 1 point of their last 2 matches and they lost to whom at home Israel ! then they needed another tie against u in France also , but they lost 2-1 , it can be a miracle on grass or something like that :d

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

I think you confused german results from 1994 and 1998.

oh my bad i don't know why i'm always convinced that this match ended 3-0 for Bulgaria despite the fact i know very well that Croatia did the same result against Germany 

48 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Well I was 10 at the time but I remember 1994 WC very well, probably even much better than 2018 ! and Bulgaria was my 2nd favorite team (behind Italy) and they beat the main favorite (as the defending champion). I usually support the underdog even when I was a kid :d I think I still can name the entire Bulgarian squad (starting 11) without googling :p

and I almost hurt myself after Letchkov's header, another reason to never forget that specific match.

Speaking about WC in Germany there also some moments that will remains in history also from the 1974 tournament,

Former :COD didn´t even know the basic rules is already a legendary thing by itself

The epic "water polo" between Poland and former West Germany

and ofc the only german derby in the FIFA WC history with the "wrong" side winning :p