website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

53 minuty temu, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo napisał:

Ahahhaah Italy 0 gold at day 4? Cmon, it's a joke

Don't worry. On day 5 Fede is swimming 200 freestyle ;-))))))

I expect 6 silver medals for Italy in first 4 days. Which one of them has the biggest chances for gold in your opinion? I have my bets here ;-)

day 1 - Vito Del'Aquilla - Taekwondo Men -58 kg

day 2 - Elisa Di Francisca - Fencing Women Foil Individual

day 2 - Manuel Lombardo - Judo Men -66 kg

day 2 - Gabriele Detti - Swimming Men 400m Freestyle

day 3 - Alessio Foconi - Fencing Men Foil Individual

day 3 - Diana Bacosi - Shooting Women Skeet

day 4 - none

Dnia 10.04.2020 o 12:08, OlympicsFan napisał:

You don't seem to know it yet, but there is only one correct answer for the winner in men's road race/time trial: Remco Evenepoel. This kid was already great in 2019, just imagine how much better he will be in 2021. Daria Bilodid also seems like a pretty safe bet, but i don't agree about Nathalie Moellhausen, my prediction would be Yiwen Sun (although i will cheer for Coraline Vitalis).

Yes, Remco Evenepoel is absolutely great. But I think he will have more chances in the time trial. In the road race Team Belgium will be riding for Greg Van Avermaet, but this time they will not be as successful as in Rio, I'm afraid.

Dnia 12.04.2020 o 09:20, Fly_like_a_don napisał:

@rafalgorka I guess I'm late. But I have few changes in Day 1

Archery Mixed team 

I don't think Netherlands will be on podium this time that did so at wch with home advantage... It will be Korea, Taipei and Japan. 

Shooting 

Elavenil and Anjum both will make to team as Apurvi isn't in good form. 

But again no home advantage for In Ha like Wch so it's between India China and look out for Chinese Taipei. 

Men's 10m pistol maybe Artem Chernusov over Korean. If all good Saurabh will do very well he's form is good. 

Weightlifting 

A sure shot change here. Beatriz Pirron of Dominican Republic wins bronze. North Korea the gold and India the silver. China will not enter the event cz chinese won by 1kg at Fuzhou world cup. With 4 per gender and other Chinese with 8-20kg difference with 2nd they'll not participate in the event. 

This is interesting. I don't feel my predictions in some sports are strong, because to be honest I watch some of them only once in 4 years. But I know Team India is very strong in shooting.

And making predictions in weightlifting is extremely difficult. Only 4 per gender and these numbers are even more limited for some countries because of anti-doping violations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weightlifting_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

hace 5 minutos, rafalgorka dijo:

Don't worry. On day 5 Fede is swimming 200 freestyle ;-))))))

I expect 6 silver medals for Italy in first 4 days. Which one of them has the biggest chances for gold in your opinion? I have my bets here ;-)

day 1 - Vito Del'Aquilla - Taekwondo Men -58 kg

day 2 - Elisa Di Francisca - Fencing Women Foil Individual

day 2 - Manuel Lombardo - Judo Men -66 kg

day 2 - Gabriele Detti - Swimming Men 400m Freestyle

day 3 - Alessio Foconi - Fencing Men Foil Individual

day 3 - Diana Bacosi - Shooting Women Skeet

day 4 - none

The skeet, clearly. They have 2 of the best 3/4 shooters IMO (world ranking doesn't mean much in this sport).

Dnia 13.04.2020 o 12:02, heywoodu napisał:

Mathieu van der Poel got injured? :p 

Schurter is a challenge for him, sometimes, but he wipes the floor with Flückiger and especially Avancini :d 

Oh, Mathieu van der Poel, how could I have forgotten him????!!!!

When I get to day 16, I will check all my predictions again. And cycling MTB will be one of these who need some second thoughts.

By the way, I must say Amstel Gold Race 2019 is the best bike race finale I have ever seen. That was something.

PS. Do you think Mathieu van der Poel is able to start in a road race on Day 1 and in MTB race on day 3? Could he win 2 medals?

1 minute ago, rafalgorka said:

Oh, Mathieu van der Poel, how could I have forgotten him????!!!!

When I get to day 16, I will check all my predictions again. And cycling MTB will be one of these who need some second thoughts.

By the way, I must say Amstel Gold Race 2019 is the best bike race finale I have ever seen. That was something.

PS. Do you think Mathieu van der Poel is able to start in a road race on Day 1 and in MTB race on day 3? Could he win 2 medals?

He would be able to start, yes, but fighting for medals in a road race and two days later a MTB race? That's just not possible, especially in the men's field. He won't do it anyway, he already confirmed that last year :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minut temu, LDOG napisał:

The skeet, clearly. They have 2 of the best 3/4 shooters IMO (world ranking doesn't mean much in this sport).

I agree. That was my bet, too.

But on the other hand, I think that Team China will be extremely strong in Tokyo and they will get many gold medals in sports when other people are considered to be the main favourites.

And I love Federica Pellegrini so much that I just want her to win the very first gold for Italy on day 5 with 0,01 sec over Ariarne Titmus in 200m freestyle ;-)))))

1 minutę temu, heywoodu napisał:

He would be able to start, yes, but fighting for medals in a road race and two days later a MTB race? That's just not possible, especially in the men's field. He won't do it anyway, he already confirmed that last year :p 

And he confirmed MTB?

6 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

And he confirmed MTB?

Yes. Things might change a little now that it's moved to 2021, in which he was supposed to go for the Tour de France I think, but Olympic MTB gold is his main big goal for now at least.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

Looks like he confirmed MTB in Tokyo 2020.

https://naszosie.pl/2019/09/05/mathieu-van-der-poel-nie-wystartuje-w-tokio-w-wyscigu-szosowym/