website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

day #7...

my personal highlights are surely Fencing (men's Epee, maybe the only solid medal chance for Italy in the whole day), Slalom Canoeing (an outside medal chance, here...but we would need a lot of luck), Archery, Shooting, Judo, Swimming and Rowing...

also interesting ( = not to be missed) are BMX Racing (tbh, I hope to see someone not from NED and/or FRA on top of the podiums), Table Tennis and of course the first Athletics events...

here many of you might disagree, but I do really hope not to see at all people like Farah, Hassan and the many more NOP cheaters...hoping that they will be banned before the start of the Games and not having to wait many years and a few re-tests to have their results cancelled...:bones:

Day 7 highlights for me would be women’s archery finals, athletics, badminton, cycling BMX finals, rowing finals, swimming finals, men’s singles table tennis finals, tennis, trampoline & maybe rugby.

On day 8 I would be watching men’s archery finals, athletics, badminton finals, the debut of BMX freestyle & Mixed team judo, women’s rugby finals, sailing medal races, swimming finals, shooting mixed trap, tennis finals, triathlon mixed relay & trampoline.

Day 8, SuperSaturday, they say. 

For me it's all about swimming and athletics obviously. Men's 100 fly and Women's 100 dash would be the highlights of the day. 

And tennis - women's singles final. 

Besides that, maybe judo team finals, football quarters, basketball and beach volleyball. Maybe I will listen to your advice and try some archery, too. 

From Polish perspective : I hope there will be a medal in sailing - men's RS:X - Piotr Myszka was 4th in Rio - maybe he can advance one place. 

Super Saturday!

Not many Dutch athletes today, but still a lot of nice sports to choose from. The swimming finals, including the 4x100 mixed relay. I know many people here hate this part of the competition, but I like this mixedevent. First sailing medals, hopefully one for Kiran Badloe in the RSX men. 

Day 8 highlights the series of the 400m hurdles with our young talent Femke Bol, hopefully she can join the strong American competition in this event. 

And last but not least I join @rafalgorka watching the archery finals :p

super-Saturday, they call it...but to me, it's not so super...

however, from my personal perspective, not to be missed: Swimming (women's 200m Backstroke and 800m Free especially, because of Italian medal chances), Athletics (men's Discus and above all, women's 100m), Fencing (women's Team Sabre, maybe a new medal chance for Italy), Shooting (the "new" Trap Mixed Team event and the women's 3-position Rifle...the first one also with potential medal chances for us), Archery (men's Individual...definitely with Italian medal chances) and RS:X finals in Sailing (once again, an event where we expect our guys to do well)...

a bit behind those events named above, it's "moving day" in the men's Golf tournament, the Mixed Relay in Triathlon, the Badminton final of the day...and everything else happening "today"...:lol:

17 minuten geleden, rafalgorka zei:

@CCB Who is that lady on your profile picture? I don't know who to support :-) 

It's our best handball player: Estavana Polman, voted as the MVP of the last WCh and wife of the more or less known Dutch football star Rafael van der Vaart. 

Coincidentally you ask that. This morning I read she yesterday has been seriously injured, she has torn her cruciate ligament. Very sad to hear, first of all for herself, but also for the Dutch team, which is nowhere without her. Predicted recovery time is longer than a year. Olympic Games at risk. So you probably can't support her next year :(

40 minut temu, CCB napisał:

It's our best handball player: Estavana Polman, voted as the MVP of the last WCh and wife of the more or less known Dutch football star Rafael van der Vaart. 

Coincidentally you ask that. This morning I read she yesterday has been seriously injured, she has torn her cruciate ligament. Very sad to hear, first of all for herself, but also for the Dutch team, which is nowhere without her. Predicted recovery time is longer than a year. Olympic Games at risk. So you probably can't support her next year :(

What a terrible news. I wish her very speedy recovery. And all the best for Netherlands handball team in Tokyo. And in Paris!!! I had some early plans to see Paris olympics on my own eyes, not on the couch in front of tv, but now with this virus I begin to worry not only about Tokyo, but also Beijing and Paris :-(

BTW, I like her surname. POLMAN. I should have had nick like this here heh. 

And I remember van der Vaart. So maybe Rafael POLMAN :-)