website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

My answer is always the same ! I'm looking forward for everything at the Olympics :d

while our own athletes are my priority but I watch as much as I can ! as many sports as I can. I try to not miss a single final. (I know sometimes that's impossible)

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

My answer is always the same ! I'm looking forward for everything at the Olympics :d

while our own athletes are my priority but I watch as much as I can ! as many sports as I can. I try to not miss a single final. (I know sometimes that's impossible)

me too...:d

but you know, there's so much to watch that sometimes you have to make a priority list...and put something aside for a while, to be recovered with time...

at the Summer Games it's really impossible to watch everything live, even with 2/3 tv screens working at the same time...:yikes:

Today the 200m freestyle swimming; likely no Dutch entry, but still one of the highlights for me! 

Time trial women: Chloe Dygert will destroy the rest of the field, but maybe a silver for Annemiek van Vleuten (the one with the horrible crash in Rio)? At the men's side I'm hoping for Tom Dumoulin. Hopefully he'll somewhere finds his form back.

Biggest chance for gold for The Netherlands is the Women's Four (rowing). Will be close with Australia and China, but they can do it!

53 minuty temu, MHSN napisał:

I think most of us thinking that way but some sports are most interesting for somebody than others. You can't like everything the same. But you can try of course ;) 

My number one would be basketball 3x3 I think. First olympic finals is something I just must to see. I'm interested in this sport since YOG in Nanjing. I saw both YOG tournaments, many WCh, other tournaments. Even at last years Urban Games it was event number one for me. So I would watch olympic finals no matter who will be play in it :) 

After that rowing session with many finals and cycling time trials.

Oh, Fede Fede, I just love how she stood up in Beijing after 400 free - winning 200 with style and the way she splashed the water with her fist at the end :-)

It will be extreeeeemely difficult against Ariarne Titmus, but it's obvious she is always able to do sth extraordinary again in the most important moment.

I wonder if Katie Ledecky will swim 200 free in Tokyo because 1500 final is on the same day.

4 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

This prediction doesn't have much relevance though. It completely ignores Franko Grgić ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 28/07/2020 at 18:35, CCB said:

Well, in the Women's Quadrupple Sculls Poland has a great chance to win. Germany and Netherlands aren't that good anymore. Biggest threat for Poland: China and Ukraïne. 

We'll see, german quadruple sculls usually deliver at the olympics. I am confident that at least the women will be back strong. Last year they couldn't compete with their best crew, this year Schultze has been replaced by Nwajide. In 2016 the men also came pretty much out of nowhere to win gold. The men's crew also isn't the same as last year, Piontek has been replaced by Naske (former U20 and U23 world champion in men's single sculls). Out of 11 possible golds at the olympics Germany has won 7 golds in men's quadruple sculls, including the last two, so it would be a huge disappointment if they wouldn't at least medal.

Since the introduction of women's rowing in 1976 Germany has always won at least one of the two golds in quadruple sculls, except for 2008. Overall Germany has won 15 out of 22 golds in quadruple sculls (68 %).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

13 minuten geleden, OlympicsFan zei:

We'll see, german quadruple sculls usually deliver at the olympics. I am confident that at least the women will be back strong. Last year they couldn't compete with their best crew, this year Schultze has been replaced by Nwajide. In 2016 the men also came pretty much out of nowhere to win gold. The men's crew also isn't the same as last year, Piontek has been replaced by Naske (former U20 and U23 world champion in men's single sculls). Out of 11 possible golds at the olympics Germany has won 7 golds in men's quadruple sculls, including the last two, so it would be a huge disappointment if they wouldn't at least medal.

Since the introduction of women's rowing in 1976 Germany has always won at least one of the two golds in quadruple sculls, except for 2008. Overall Germany has won 15 out of 22 golds in quadruple sculls (68 %).

Just saw this video on the ARD-site: https://www.sportschau.de/weitere/olympia/video-hoffnung-auf-olympia--beim-doppelvierer-der-maenner-100.html 

Looks like the German Quadrupples are always good when it comes to it. We have to wait for 364 more days till we know the result :-)